1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update and Thoughts

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Bear101, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Bear101

Howdy Everyone. Sorry I haven't been on much lately, but I've been a bit busy.

Monday, I moved from my mom's house to a big midwest city and this morning I started an entry-level job. It's been 10 years since I've been in the workforce, but I did okay. It's a seriously entry level job (i.e. mailroom - opening and sorting mail), but at least it's a start.

Monday pretty much sucked. But yesterday and today have left me cautiously optimistic. Everyone in this town just seems super nice. It's almost scary. In addition, last night I met a woman who is interested in helping me find permanent, professional position.

I am still fighting a LOT of fatigue. I found out last week that my cardiac electrolytes were messed up. So, they put me on horse pills, hoping to stabilize it. I hope they stabilize as well, since i'm 4 hours from my family doctor.

Emotionally, I think I'm just exhausted. I still have a LOT to deal with. A LOT. I'm still fighting depression and PTSD and fear and anxiety every day.

I know it will get better. But I'm also tired of hearing that it WILL get better. I want it to BE better.

Anyhow, thanks for listening!

2. HopeFloats

Congratulations on this major, major, major step! Damn right you're exhausted. You have made huge changes. You should be really proud of your self. When it gets overwhelming, just put one foot in front of the other. One day at a time, or 5 minutes at a time if that's more manageable. When I dealt with chronic pain and depression, I took things 5 minutes at a time when I had to. Keep keeping on. You got this!

3. tscott

Good to hear what's going on...Congratulations on the move and the new job :eusa_danc...You know if you need supportwe.re here for you. (*hug*)

4. MAXWELL45

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have PTSD. Had it for years and zero family and friend support. If anything, alot of rejections and judgements. I have learned to be proactive in my comforts and needs and less reactive in the insults of others. I don't want a perfect life, I just want one I can work with. I have that even without anyone's help. Keep going and believe in yourself.