1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

transgender determination help needed

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by slkman07, Feb 24, 2014.

1. slkman07

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I am a bisexual man that feels like I was born to be a bisexual woman. I love the man and female parts of a body but feel inside like i should be a woman. I am 30 and have been trying to figure out if I am transgender or just bisexual for the past 6yrs. I would really appreciate some adivce as to how yal were able to make that decision. I have always worn womens undergarments since i was 13. I have always wanted to wear womens clothing but due to funds never have. Is there any advice or signs that can help me? I thank yal for reading and for those who do reply.

2. Nick07

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Try to look around and read other people's stories. It's usually about what makes you comfortable, what feels better. Do you see yourself growing old in your current body? Do you like being addressed as a man? Would it feel wrong to put "female" in your profile?
    Maybe you are somewhere in between? :slight_smile:

3. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "I would really appreciate some adivce as to how yal were able to make that decision."

Personally, I'm not convinced it was so much a decision for me as much as it was something that happened after a long and painful time.

I mean obviously I made decisions about what to do. The first time I bought womens underwear. That day I decided to buy a skirt and top and then couldn't look at it for a month. The day I finally let myself wear the skirt.

There were little choices I made about how to do things, but mainly it was just when I did something I felt a little less uneasy than I was before.

When I wore women's underwear for the first time, I went to the loo, sat there looking at the floor with underwear between my ankles and just thought 'why the fuck has it taken me so long for this to happen'. That was a weird day for me, but it really said a lot. It's one thing putting on a skirt and thinking 'yeah this is nice', but that time really spoke to me. I mean it's not something I've ever considered before. I've never sat there and thought about my underwear when I'm on the loo, then all of a sudden THIS makes sense to me for some reason...

As I say, it was just the result of extensive 'testing' and then realising I didn't ever want to go back to how it was before!