1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Came Out" to One More Person...My Sister!!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by MiAngel, Feb 25, 2014.

1. MiAngel

Hey Everyone, it's Angel again, it's 2/25/2014 at about 2:55 a.m. So needed to get this out; I blogged yesterday on 2/24/2014 that I came out to myself. Which was a very liberating feeling.

Well I decided to finally confide in my sister. This took place on 2/24/2014 as well, while shopping (I'm a makeup whore...lol). We were on our way out of the makeup store and into a clothing store when I said "I have something to tell you and if I don't do it now I will loose the strength to do it." My gosh she actually asked me, "What... are you pregnant?" All I could think was; damn how much easier that would be. I just looked at her and said "No". She looked back at me and said, "What...You like women?" I was shocked at first then I just began to cry :tears: saying "Yes and I have held that secret for over twenty years now". My sister grabbed me and hugged me wearing the biggest smile stating "Why did you take so long to tell me?" She said, "I had some thought that you did, but hey I didn't want to ask you, for fear of offending you, so I waited and figured you would come to me when you were ready."

My God I was soooo relieved. The biggest weight was lifted off my shoulders, my chest, my mind, my everything. I just felt so damn elated to have said it and to have received the reaction that I did. She also stated yet again (as I mentioned in a previous blog) that she will support me in any way that I need.

I always knew that I had one of the best damn sisters in the world and yesterday just confirmed it. I love that woman...no homo...ROFFLMAO...:roflmao:

Wow it feels so strange but yet so good to have let all of this out. I have begun to put one foot out of the "closet". Still a work in progress in stepping the other out, but hey as the old saying goes "Slow and Steady Wins the Race". :icon_bigg

2. LostInside

That is really awesome Angel! I love her reaction. You must feel so relieved now. I'm so happy for you. Way to go on the progress! That is one big foot out the door, lol. Your sister sounds amazing :slight_smile: How old is your sister if you don't mind me asking?

That was a similar reaction i got when i came out to my closest friend last week or so. She said "i could have told you that!" Lol. I guess its easier to tell with us later in life folk, lol. Without realizing it i guess we somehow put off lesbian vibes or it becomes a part of our character.

3. Jim1454

Congratulations! You must have been quite a site at the mall balling your eyes out! Whatever it takes!

4. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations. I can only imagine how you must feel. Your sister sounds like she will be a huge source of support for you.

5. GayDadStr8Marig

you are so fortunate to have a caring and supportive sister. congratulations on coming out to her!