1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Making Excuses

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rose27, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

So as the year + roller coaster ride finally slows I'm looking at my new life: I'm Out. Divorced. Single Mom. I made so many changes in my life last year. Conquered so many fears.
    What now?
    I know what I want but I am still making excuses for not exploring my new freedom. Not just talking about dating or making gay friends. I need to get out and explore my new city. Get new hobbies. Figure out who I am in 2014. Its scary. This year I need to focus on my self esteem both emotionally and physically. Joined the gym and taking advantage of the new member fitness evaluation and training session this week. No excuses.

2. Penpal

(*hug*)Sounds like the hard part is over. This is the part where you can make the choices that are right for you and have some fun. Good luck with your choices. I'm hoping in a years time I will be writing a similar status. Well done you for coming this far.

3. Clay

I agree with Penpal, it sounds like the hard part is over.

I wish you the best of luck. Get out there and enjoy yourself. :slight_smile:

4. setnyx

you've made big strides already, i'm happy for you. it's scary but worth it.

5. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It sounds like you are making a great start with your new life. It must feel wonderful moving forward.

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Penpal,Pluvia stnyx & Azure au Thanks for your support & encouragement. (&&&)
    It sounds silly but I had to learn its ok to do things for myself. Getting better!

---------- Post added 2nd Mar 2014 at 12:32 PM ----------

(*hug*)
    It does but i'm just learning to re-find me. The me before marriage, the me at 46 & gay me. Its a lot and I know I need to be more patient w/myself.

7. SRS1120

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Rose - it is ok to do things for yourself, it took me very long time and some great friends to figure this out. New hobbies are great, whatever you decide to pursue there are probably meetups and you will gain friends as the new, improved Rose:icon_wink. My life is changing in different order than yours, not out at all yet but I have recently found my hobbies and gained a bunch of new friends, a few of them are even gay (i'm not out to them but I'm pretty sure they suspect/know).

I hope in a year I'll be where you are, you are an inspiration to us still in the closet.

Go out there and have some fun!

(*hug*)

8. HopeFloats

Don't be hard on yourself, Rose. You have made major, major life changes. Now comes time for the figuring out how you want your daily life to look & feel. Take it at you own pace. Breathe. Joining the gym sounds awesome. I really need to figure I how to build in more exercise in my routine. I'm really happy for you. Even boredom can be a gift because it allows you to get creative about what you'd rather be doing.