1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I met an older guy

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by MAXWELL45, Mar 3, 2014.

1. MAXWELL45

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I met a guy. I like him. He is a few years older than me ( I am 42 ). We’ve gone out for coffee and conversation several times. Yes, I defiantly like him more than just friends. He clearly seems to feel the same way about me. I see good possibilities ahead between us. Older is hotter.

What’s the big deal? Why do people still over react to sexual identity when it really doesn’t have an major impacts on them? So I am bisexual and have a guy friend who might become alot more? So what? I fail to see what the issue others have with this. I think some people just need something to be angry at, to hate, to release their frustrations on and dramatize.

I am happy with who I am and where I am going in my life. If others have an issue, they can let that hold them back as I move on.

2. Molly1977

It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, if you like this guy good for you. xx :eusa_danc

3. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At 42, any age difference is going to be pretty much irrelevant. I'd say go for it. :slight_smile:

4. sweetgayboy

sweetgayboy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    good for u buddy. Society stupid fight the power.

5. Sport1985

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Go for it... you dont have to worry about anything!

would want to hear about him more :slight_smile:

6. GayDadStr8Marig

age rarely has a direct relation to what is brought to the relationship, especially once you're both beyond college age, are out in the real world a few years and have taken care of yourself or someone else. I can't say I've ever thought about an age for a potential boyfriend when the time comes. younger, older, same age, doesn't really matter what the calendar says, its what is in their heart and mind that matters. (and that's all assuming of course you're both legal age and both capable of consenting to the relationship and no one is being coerced to do anything.) basically, if someone has a problem with age they probably would have an issue with something else if you were the same age, so who cares, the world is full of people who survive only on their angst and derive joy for spreading their misery to others.

7. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you are right. People love to have something to criticize, it helps them not see their own problems. I am happy you have found someone you want to spend time with and wish you the best of luck.

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There isn't any Big Deal about it in reality. There are just some homophobic busybody people who want to make a big deal out of it, when It really has nothing to do with them or their lives, to the extent that they actually HAVE a life to occupy their time with instead of vicariously involving themselves in yours. That is what the whole process of trying to normalize and mainstream being gay is all about. To make it no big deal, so people can say "nyah, I would rather live with him than her", and have everyone else say "Ok" and yawn and move on without fanfare. We ain't fully there yet as a population, but at least quite a few more enlightened individuals are, and the numbers who are Pro or Indifferent are now more than 50%.