1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

YES it is possible!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by only me, Mar 5, 2014.

1. only me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Many years ago I married the woman of my dreams or so I thought. I am a gay man and the reality of being in a relationship with a man was never an option. I was raised you finished high school, went to college, got married to a woman had kids and you were happy. Well I did it all and met the expectations that were set before me. Marriage was hell! I was faithful and she was not, YET I STAYED TO MAKE IT WORK.

Finally after many years of absolute craziness I gave her the divorce she wanted. I had resigned in my mind I would never be with another woman and could never have a relationship with a man no matter how much I wanted.

After being single for some time I decided NO relationship allowed, I would never emotionally open myself up to anyone much less a man. Men were not an option, much less to trust another human with my heart again...NO WAY. Living sexless was driving me crazy so I decided NSA's were not a bad option. I would always play safer, no emotions involved, I could get what I needed and still feel good. Was I ever glad I made the decision, those I met were great for NSA but nothing else, it all seemed to be a game. After living in a game while I was married the last thing I wanted to do is play more games. I had made the right decision.

Still one problem I needed some friends. Looking on an APP one day I messaged a guy who was not looking for anything other than a friend to hang out with. WOW a guy not looking for sex??? We met and he was for real he was looking for a friend, no expectations, no games, not even a NSA!

Finally a real man respectable and HOT, nice to look at, talk to and not worry about him just wanting a piece of ass. As time passed I noticed when I would get a text I could not wait to see if it was him! I was comfortable talking to him, meeting with him, sharing my ups and downs and not worrying about being judged.

One day I noticed I was smiling as we were texting, another time I was laughing. What was going on this isn't me. I was going to the store and found myself about two miles beyond where I needed to go. I rarely get lost, but this time I was day dreaming....about him. This can't be happening I said no emotions, no connection, but I realized I was happy again, smiling, laughing, wondering, day dreaming. Slow down it's all in my head, or so I thought until my family noticed I was different and happy again.

It's amazing he has also said he is different since we met. Things are progressing and that's great, although the days between seeing him seem to be the longest days in the week. When I wasn't looking, or thinking about it, or even trying I was able to find someone and find happiness again. I am more secure with who I am and feel completely safe when I am with him. I am learning to share my feelings and not worry about backlash.

When I least suspected it....I was able to find happiness! It is possible!!!

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is a heartwarming story .. thank you for posting it ... there is hope for all

:thumbsup:

3. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm so happy for you!

It's never too late to fall in love and it's never too late to find happiness. I wish you many joyful years to come. Yay! (!)

Congratulations.

(*hug*)

4. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for sharing your story, I do love a happy beggining.

5. Cool Bananas

Brisbane, but I seem to fly as much as superman
    The apps are very useful tools, some users are looking for the sex part but there is a lot of others who really want the friendship part first.
    A few weeks ago I started chatting to a guy on one of the apps; and he just wanted to meet up for a few drinks, he just wanted to get out of the house and wanted a chat. They had mentioned that he had been seeing someone but the friendship wasn't going well and that being out of the house was better than staying at home over thinking, and getting depressed.

6. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great to hear a story like that! What's the saying "life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"? How wonderful to be taken by surprise in such a good way--very happy for you!

7. only me

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you to everyone!