1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is my life?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Molly1977, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Molly1977

When I left counselling today my counsellor asked me the question "Where is your life?" She said that I am searching for something more meaningful in my life, a relationship, better job, more interesting things to do. But I don't know how to go from being open to new experiences to actually achieveing the type of life that I want. I always take the easy option, I need more challenging experiences.

I feel stuck, like I am waiting for insperation. I know I can achieve more from my life I just dont know how to go about getting it. :confused:

Does anyone else feel like this?

2. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    BINGO!!!

I can relate so completely to this! It seems like something new and wonderful is just beyond my field of vision and grasp, but I don't know what corner to look around or where to reach, because I'm not completely sure what I'm even looking for. I THINK I know, but I've spent so much time burying my own self in the interest of others that I really need to learn to think of me for a change. It's not an easy thing, particularly when there's still a family involved who needs me emotionally and financially. But no, Molly, you are DEFINITELY not alone in this!

3. mermaid

For me it was being authentic. Since I finally accepted who I am I'm much more open to new experiences and all the possibilities I have. I didn't do anything special, just registered at this swedish forum for lesbians and welcomed a lady who was new to writing on forums.
    She said thanks to me and we wrote to each other for a while, went to the movies and that was the way we became a couple. Being with her has definitely broadened my views, mostly because of the fact that I still am married and have kids. It is not always easy to handle the situation, I have to ensure that everybody is fine, but it helped me to find out what I want in life and definitely what I do not want.
    I have found qualities inside me I did not even know I had and I have become more self- confident.

Well I don't know if this helps you, I can't say do this or do that and then everything is fine :icon_wink
    but yes, Ive been there where you are now and I can definitely say that it is getting better.
    Hugs! (*hug*)