1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chasing "Straight" Girls/ Guys, Thoughts?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by eburian, Mar 8, 2014.

1. eburian

I feeling really sad mainly because I've let this happen to me twice- the first though was kind of a "relationship"

I was wondering if you can tell me stories about your experience with this and how you dealt with it in the end. I guess I'm kind of looking for advice just in case I ever run into this a third time (knocks on wood) and will know how to deal with it.

:icon_sad:

2. YaraNunchuck

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm not that experienced with this stuff, and I write from a male perspective. Having said that, I've had an interesting turnaround when it comes to crushes on guys. Although for the past few years I've had some close guy friends, I experienced a significant falling off in really close buddy-type relationships in my teens (probably related to my sexuality etc.) which I ignored at the time but which kind of negatively affected me. And so despite gaining quite a few friendships over the years with different sorts of people, I found I always had this insatiable urge to befriend really 'cool' guys with great interests. I really wanted the kind of really close blokey friendship other people had, so developed bromance-type desires really quickly, which never really worked out. These weren't crushes exactly - these guys were often physically unattractive. This lasted even through my coming out in the last few years. Nowadays, though, as I've been out for a while, I've developed proper crushes on gay guys which seems to have extinguished or absorbed my desire for a straight bromance completely. Nowadays I don't even think I could be in a relationship with a straight guy; I sense that the psychology of the straight guy might somehow not be compatible with mine. This renders any crush purely physical and forgettable.

It may be that for me the desire to be emotionally intimate with a guy was getting sublimated into my former bromance-type urges. How is this relevant to your situation you ask? Really analyse why you might chase straight girls. Have you been around lesbians a lot? Maybe if you interacted more (not saying you don't already, just hypothetical) you'd see them as potential partners and not have such strong urges to be with straight girls.

3. kessiej

I'm always going foor 'straight' women, don't knw why it's just the type of girl I'm attracted to. It's seldom that I get turned down, and I've had a few ltr with women who class themselves as only into guys. I can't help it, I think it's an ego boost!!!

I'm sorta going through a 'straight' crush atm with an older woman and I hope she feels the same way, this is a bit different though as I'm emotionally involved. Crushing this hard is soooooo difficult!!! XXx