1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A taste of what's to come.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Penpal, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Penpal

On April the 1st my husband will be moving out and I will have to get use to being without my children for some of the time. I have had a taste of this today as my husband has taken them to a family birthday and they won't be back until tomorrow. I have kept myself busy and coped ok but I'm feeling ill. I'm not sure if it is stress or I am I'll. I don't sleep very well and i have a lot of stress at work so I'm exhausted. I have got the dog with me which is comforting, however he will go where the boys do when we separate so I will be completely alone. I have lots of friends but they will have their own families. I try not to rely on people as I have been hurt and let down by people lately and daren't let's myself rely on anyone again. I know we will all adjust but every night I give my boys a kiss before I go to bed and tell them I love them, now all there will be is empty rooms. Feeling sad.

2. Lovetoski

Lovetoski Guest

Dearest Friend,

You are not alone. I work nights and came home to a sleep filled house. I woke and all were gone. I had a moment of panic. What have I done? Where are my lovely children?? ( they were skiing with their dad) this is what I will be facing much of the time.. I started to feel the heavy weight of solitude whose close cousin loneliness stopped in for a visit. Then I took a breath, poured some coffee, put on some Van Morrison and forced myself to enjoy my solitude. Guess what? It was ok. I know they are just away briefly. We are not grieving a permenant loss, we are re-learning to enjoy our personal space. It's a process, and we should learn to enjoy it. The irony is your moment of panic coincided with my own. I guess we really are not alone. Best. Xx

3. Penpal

Thank you, you are right. We will adjust and I will make sure I get all the jobs done when my boys are away, so that when they are with me I can enjoy every second. Thanks for your kind words. X

4. lameo

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    My thoughts are with you, things will start to brighten up for you I am sure! Keep posting love!

5. SRS1120

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    sorry you have to go through this penpal, great plan though

6. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have no idea how to post that gorgeous hug smiley here, but just know I am sending a hug your way.

7. Richie.

Seems we shall start this new single journey on oretty much the same day. My wife moves out on the 29th.

When I temporarily moved out the first day was the hardest and it got easier from then.. Enjoy the day have a bit of me time watch a movie and maybe have a nice bit relaxing bath

Or you never know you might be ill lol. Which the above applies be gentle remind yourself it's just a day and relax

Peace

8. Penpal

Thanks all. Good luck Richie I hope it all goes smoothly for you. My boys are back now and have had a lovely weekend so that's good. I woke up last night after a nightmare and was paranoid someone was in the house. I guess I need to get use to being alone but I will adjust. I have spent the day with friends. It was a little awkward because they asked why I didn't go with my husband and the boys. I had to make an excuse. It will be easier when we tell the boys we are splitting up so I can tell people. I'm trying to persuade my husband that we should do this sooner rather than later. X

9. setnyx

i'm going through this same thing for a second time in my life. it does get easier. i took care of my mom till she died, i had lived with her all my life, it was all i knew but i learned to enjoy living on my own. i hope you embrace this new chapter in your life.