1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Update....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Bear101, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Bear101

Hey everyone,

Sorry I haven't been around in awhile. Life has been beyond crazy.

First, I have moved to this "big" city. And I'm LOVING it. People are incredibly friendly here and just plain nice. Still staying at a long-term hotel, but I'm hoping to be in an apartment within a month.

Second, I joined a men's coming out support group through the local LGBT center. Very, very nice guys.

Third, I came out to my daughter (14). It truly ended up being a non-event. She actually smiled and I think it helped her understand what was going on and that she wasn't responsible for the divorce (even though I've told her that multiples of times).

Fourth, I came out to the rest of my family that didn't already know. Non-events.

Fifth, I actually went to a LGBT friendly church this morning. I didn't particularly care for the style of worship, but they were nice.

Lastly, I've got the possibility of a gigantic opportunity. I'm still praying for it to happen. And I'd appreciate your prayers as well.

I think that's it. It's been a BUSY couple of weeks, lol.

2. MAXWELL45

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Bear, you sound like you are doing really good and being proactive. Very good for you. I see good things to come for you. Very good update!

3. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Wow! Wonderful news all around, especially the bit about your daughter. Your coming out probably took a weight off her shoulders, and moreover you set a good example for her by being honest and clear about who you are. She'll probably grow up to be a more courageous person because of your courage. Congratulations on being your authentic lovely self. Hope things continue to move in a positive direction.

(*hug*)

4. tscott

I so very happy for you! I hope things continue to go your way. You can count on my prayers.

Tim (*hug*)

5. HopeFloats

Fantastic update! I'm so happy for you, especially about your daughter. That is just awesome that you can be authentic with her now.

6. GayDadStr8Marig

Great news, Bear, glad things are turning up nicely for you.

7. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi bear. I am happy to hear things are going so well for you and I am thrilled at how well things went with your daughter. Congratulations

8. setnyx

congratulations. i'll keep you in my thoughts and look forward to more good news.