1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Personality Test - Interesting result

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Bluebird22, Mar 10, 2014.

1. Bluebird22

Bluebird22 Guest

Hey guys, have you ever taken one of these? I just took a 'personality quiz' on a job listings website (so that they can help identify jobs you would be suited to) and the results were pretty interesting - they certainly seem to be relevant to my current predicament. I wonder how many of us here would fall into similar personality traits..........

INFP - Questor

INFPs are idealistic, self-sacrificing, and somewhat cool or reserved. They are very family and home oriented, and have a high capacity for caring. High sense of honor derived from internal values. 1% of the total population.
    INFP's feel internal turmoil when they find themselves in situations in which there is conflict between their inner code of ethics and their relationships with others. They feel caught between pleasing others and maintaining their own integrity. Their natural tendency to identify with others, compounded with their self-sacrificial dispositions, tends to leave them confused as to who they really are. Their quiet personalities further feeds their feelings of depersonalization. The INFP's quest for self-identity then seems even more alluring — but increasingly impossible to attain.

As with all NFs, the INFP will feel lost and perplexed at stressful times. As stress builds, INFP's become disconnected from their own personality and perceived place in life. They will lose sight of who they are in relation to time and place. They may not make basic observations, while instead they will focus on the more abstract and symbolic meanings of a particular interaction. This can sometimes baffle those who expect more direct communication and a fairly concrete relationship.

2. Nicholas1991

ive done this before - if i remember right i got INFJ:

INFJ's are strongly driven to help others. These are serious students and workers who really want to contribute. They make good therapists, and ministers. 1% of the total population.
    The agreeable nature and quiet personality of INFJ's makes them particularly vulnerable to hurt feelings. Distress within close relationships can shatter the INFJ. Like all NFs under stress, INFJ's feel fragmented and lost — as if they are acting out a part rather than simply being themselves. This disassociation can be related to physical symptoms for the INFJ, whether real or imagined. Feeling split off from their physical natures, INFJ's may become virtually immobilized by repressed feelings.

Although INFJ's may feel like remaining still and stationary until the chaos and confusion of a stressful situation dissipates, it would be best for them to actively sort out their needs from others. Being excessively cooperative and agreeable, the INFJ has a tendency to adopt values and beliefs of others as their own. When external conflicts grow, so does the INFJ's sense of personal disharmony. Disassociating themselves from others takes a great deal of effort for the INFJ.

3. Molly1977

i got INFP

4. Emulator

You mean Myer Briggs? I'm INTP.

5. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
  6. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    INTJ...and finding it hilarious how many IN types have voiced their presence, when only 4% of the population is IN. (Each of INTJ, INFJ, INTP, INFP are 1% of the population.)

7. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha..maybe INs are more likely to be on internet forums...

or maybe INs are more likely to be queer :eek:

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
  9. Emulator

Really? :eek: The INs always seem to appear more than the ENs. Maybe that's just because they're well scattered.

10. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Get used to it: INTJ are the most overrepresented type online.

As for me, I've tested as everything from ISTJ to INFP.

11. Al123

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    ISFP:

Potential blind spots for ISFPs
    • If ISFPs have not developed their Feeling preference, they may not take
    the time to go inside and consider their values and therefore may make
    decisions they later regret.
    • Or, they may avoid making decisions altogether, allowing others or
    circumstances to decide for them.
    • If they have not developed their Sensing preference, ISFPs may have no
    reliable way of getting accurate data about the external world, and their
    decisions will then be overly personal.
    • ISFPs may feel such a contrast between their ideals and their accomplishments
    that they burden themselves with a sense of inadequacy. This can be true even
    when they are being just as effective as others.
    • The most modest of all the types, ISFPs tend to underrate and understate
    themselves and may take for granted anything they do well. They may
    then become overly sensitive and vulnerable, with dwindling confidence
    in themselves.

This is why it is so hard to get a move on and do the divorce etc.....

12. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No, silly...it's because Extraverts are out talking to *real* people, going to parties, making friends and influencing people; not spending time in online forums (where 90% of the action is in your own head)! In US society anyway, about 70% of the population is E, rather than I...online, I wouldn't be surprised if it was closer to 90%+ I. Also, only 30% of the population is N. I guess I can see why the internet would appeal more to N's than S's...so the high number of IN's isn't quite *shocking*.

gravechild, it makes perfect sense to me that INTJ's in particular would be overrepresented online. I'm just amused by how many IN's generally...to see it play out, as opposed to the theory that extraverts wouldn't spend time online.

I love softsprite's notion about IN's being more likely to be queer! Wouldn't surprise me a bit.

13. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I might as well reveal that I am an INTJ as well, go figure...

Some highlights of this type:

- Relentless innovators in thought and action
    - Trust their intuitive insights regardless of established authority or properly accepted beliefs
    - The most independent of all the types
    - Place a high value on competence (theirs and other's)
    - INTJs being sure of their intuitions want to see them played out in real life
    - Can focus on details when necessary
    - The boldness of their intuitions may be of immense value and should not be smothered in a routine job

Some problems may also arise from this type:

- Single-minded concentration on goals blinds them to the opinions or cautions of others, they need to actively seek the viewpoint of others
    - They may neglect their feeling values to the point of ignoring other people's values and feelings
    - An INTJ's own feeling values need to be reckoned with also, otherwise they may express themselves from all the pressure in inappropriate ways
    - To be effective, INTJs must develop their thinking to supply needed judgment. IF their judgment is underdeveloped, they will find it hard to criticize their own inner vision, and will not listen to the opinions of others. If this occurs, they will be frustrated when trying to shape their inspirations into effective action.

14. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  15. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not from a link but from an analysis that was done at my school pre-internet, LOL! Seems to be from a book called "Please Understand Me", but I can't guarantee it.

16. Biotech49

I'm an ISFJ.
    I – Introversion preferred to extraversion: ISFJs tend to be quiet and reserved. They generally prefer interacting with a few close friends rather than a wide circle of acquaintances, and they expend energy in social situations (whereas extraverts gain energy).
    S – Sensing preferred to intuition: ISFJs tend to be more concrete than abstract. They focus their attention on the details rather than the big picture, and on immediate realities rather than future possibilities.
    F – Feeling preferred to thinking: ISFJs tend to value personal considerations above objective criteria. When making decisions, they often give more weight to social implications than to logic.
    J – Judgment preferred to perception: ISFJs tend to plan their activities and make decisions early. They derive a sense of control through predictability.

I don't get the F part though. I'm a scientist... I'm a hopeless case. Haha!

#17 Biotech49, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  17. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If more scientists could inject F into their work, there would be some amazing discoveries. Too many scientists are good at digging deep holes to nowhere because they are uncomfortable with cognitive dissonance; that is, when question A (usually constructed as an experiment) does not lead to expected answer B...then all hell breaks loose. You're stuck in this "cloud", you don't know which way is up or down, then come the feelings of incompetence, regret, fear, etc.

Instead of going to that dark place, people who acknowledge and understand their feelings can more quickly relax, sit back and widen the possibilities...to the point where some small fact, some itsy-bitsy little thing suddenly gets noticed (in that relaxed state) and question A magically leads to unexpected but much more important (because it's a genuine discovery) answer C!

Zen Buddhists knew this a long time ago, that being "stuck" is a sought-after condition!

#18 greatwhale, Mar 10, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2014
  18. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh I understand those old things made from paper and words.

I just don't have a copy handy. I'll google it in case I can find a digital version.

19. Munyal

It's amazing how many INs are on here! INFJ. I sure do love me some personality tests.