1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I’m sorry. I need to clarify this.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by MAXWELL45, Mar 10, 2014.

1. MAXWELL45

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    There is an unintentional issue I have created on this site with my posts.

Yes, I am still legally married to a woman. We have been legally separated for years and our divorce is pending final approval from the courts. She walked out on me without warning for what she felt she could do better. I am not going to say how she has done, but her and I both agree that our marriage is over. Saving it is not what either one of us want. We are both happy with ending our marriage and being at most, respectful friends. Our marriage ended for reasons not related to my sexuality. My wife knew I was bisexual more than I did and she seemed to enjoy it. Also, no, I have never ever cheated on my wife. Not once. She cheated on me at least 3 times, including with a woman. I forgave her, but she had other plans in life than being my wife.

None of this I share in this post I hide from people I know in person. I never intentionally try to give off the wrong impression of the truth about where I stand. My boyfriend knows all about my marriage and pending divorce. I’ve even shown him the court papers just to keep everything transparent. He is okay with this and still likes me as a boyfriend plus. My pending ex-wife knows I have a boyfriend. I told her that and she wishes me the best. She also told me that she is seeing someone herself. I am okay with that. We are over so as long as we are happy and respecting each other, I see no wrong doing on either of use parts.

I am sorry I did not clarify this sooner. I get stupid at times.

2. Jim1454

That's no problem. Here in Canada a separation always comes before the divorce. It was just the way you had put it in your last post left room for interpretation. Not stupid at all. Everyone has a different approach, and it's good to clarify.

Thanks.

3. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Max,

Thanks for clarifying. Please know that no one here was/is trying to judge in any way. We each have to find our own path forward, and it sounds like your path has been honest throughout. Can't ask much more from ourselves, can we?

(*hug*)

4. Trotter

Trotter Guest

It's all painful-- I wish you well.