1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared and going through a separation

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Penpal, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Penpal

Today we have told the children's teacher we are separating. We have discussed access to the children. I have booked an appointment with a Solicitor to advise me of where I stand. It's all getting so real. I'm so scared. I am freelance and work with my husband. We have supported each other in the past when one of us is out of work. All that will change. I'm so scared I won't manage. At the moment I am part time and logistically if I go full time I won't be able to have the children as much because of travel. Also my work runs out in June and I need to find more. However my husband works from home so can be flexible around the children. I'm scared I am going to loose them. I love them more than anything I can't lose them too. Hoping Tuesday will calm me down when I meet my solicitor but I'm panicking at the moment. :help:

2. Brave Prince

Bear hug! Wait, wait...another great big bear hug!

3. LateRobert

Hi Penpal.

I left the family home last year. I stressed and worried myself sick about so many things that never eventuated.
    Learn meditation, yoga, deep breathing, walking, or something you like that will help you to relax. You deserve and the need to look after yourself so you are able to be there for your kids.
    What I have learned is the kids just want to know they are loved and you will be there for them. I feel that I am a better parent now and have more fun and quality times with them now that I am not hiding such a big part of who I am.

Take one step at a time and give yourself enough time to adequately prepare for finding another job. When your work runs out in June maybe you also need to find one that offers you the flexibility to be able to work from home.

Believe me, if you have a good relationship with your kids now, that won't change.

Sending you a big hug. Remember we are all here for you.

4. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Penpal you are clearly a caring parent and you will find a way to make it work. I hope your appointment brings you some reassurance.

5. Molly1977

Hi Penpal, I understand the fear but you should be very proud of yourself for getting this far. Once you get started with the divorce you will realise that you can manage as you have to for your own sake and for the children.

Hope all works out at the solicitors. xx

6. tscott

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

I wish there was something I could say, but you won't know until you speak with your solicitor.

Lots of big bear hugs.

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)