1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm so so so tired all the time

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Richie., Mar 17, 2014.

1. Richie.

When I'm not at work I just lay on the settee.. I can't muster then energy to do anything, even make myself a drink.. it's sad I know..

I just wanna sleep for a long long time..

2. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Richie, you've run an emotional marathon over the past several weeks. You're drained, and you're probably more than a little depressed as a result. Have you talked to your therapist or your doctor about it? Some short-term meds might help, or another thing is just hitting the gym regularly or doing some new physical exercise or other, even if your mind really isn't into it. The feeling of accomplishing something really does help lift you up. Volunteer work is also helpful; it doesn't have to be anything major, but some small thing to visibly help people for a night or something. It gets your mind focused on something besides the inside of your head, and often challenges you to think in a different way. Insanity is doing the same thing you've always done, but expecting a different result. Change it up and see what happens! Good luck....

3. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Richie, listen to Choirboy. Nail, meet hammer.

Hoping things get better for you soon, sooner, soonest.

Keep talking. We're listening.

/Ed. (*hug*)

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I was exhausted all the time. After years of not knowing what it was (blood tests and everything) it turned out to be depression and also not sleeping well due to anxiety.

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Mental stress can be exhausting. Your body may be ready to run a marathon but your brain ignores it because it is tired.

First, your brain can chew up large amounts of nutrients exhausting some reserves...

It is winter...

Vitamin D and depression | Vitamin D Council

Stress chews up bodily reserves.

Tom

6. tscott

See your doc or shrink soon. Depression and exhaustion go hand in hand. Until you get in to see him try some of the things ChoirBoy offered up and some vitamin D wouln't hurt either, don't wait to long to get help. The alternative is not pretty. Been there. Done that. Bought the tee shirt.

7. farmgirl

Out Status:
    Some people
    It's okay to give yourself a bit of time to rest up emotionally. It sounds like you have been through the ringer the last few months. I find that when I am emotionally exhausted I need to clean my diet up, laugh even if I don't feel like it and do something that feeds my soul. For me that is painting. After doing that for a couple of weeks my tank usually fills up a bit. It's amazing that when I look for laughter it is always just around the corner and, for me, nothing fills my tank like a good laugh.
    Hang in there and I hope you feel better soon.