1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The problem with being bisexual

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by browneyedgirl, Apr 3, 2014.

1. I'm not sure what I am and am completely confused (as usual) I went on meds a few weeks ago and they helped a bit, as I was not as obsessive and I felt closer to my husband. I hate meds and came off of them. They were anti-depressants, and they did not effect my sexual drive, if anything they made it more, but more towards the opposite sex.

I'm pretty sure I'm bisexual. Im still very much attracted to men and to my husband. I feel like I'm in love with my best friend or I can have a more fulfilled relationship with another woman. I have been with women before I got married and I always went back to men. But I think I was not very open to the idea at that time.

It's not really a sexual thing when it comes to women, it's more emotional (like I want a really really close best friend). I do have a desire to be close to a woman physically though. But if you were to ask who my sexual fantasies are about; its all about guys.

This is just so annoying. I'm a stay at home mom at the moment and I constantly picture myself with another woman until my husband comes home and those thoughts aren't as strong.

Has anyone ever felt like this?

2. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    A bit. I'd say emotions came first with members of the same sex, followed by sexual urges, but a lot of the dreams, fantasies, and desires were more relationship-oriented. And it's not that I didn't find women sexually attractive, or couldn't enjoy sexual activities with them, but there was definitely something missing, since everything felt like a chore. I felt pretty unfulfilled and trapped, but couldn't put my finger on what was wrong, though at the time, there were signs I was moving "that way" (visits to LGBT events, watching LGBT media, talking to LGBT people online).

So yeah, I was probably at my loneliest in a heterosexual relationship.