1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Generally feeling good...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Naesr68, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Naesr68

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just wanted to say that. It's been a really good weekend thus far. 'Coffee date' with my guy yesterday morning, some nice Facebook conversations with him last night and again this morning, great evening at the piano in the pit for the current musical that I'm playing for, great church service this morning and depression seems under control! Yay!

Thanks all for 'listening' to my ramblings. What a great place EC is! Finally able to talk openly about my relationship and not fear judgement of myself or exposure for him. Encouraged him yesterday morning to check EC out. I don't know if he has yet...or if he's 'joined'. He might be lurking around in here until he's comfortable and reading. If he is....I just want him to send him a big hug, my ❤️ and a :kiss:

Yep, I'm a big old sappy romantic.

2. Calix

I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you :slight_smile:

3. GayDadStr8Marig

As you know, I have a soft spot for church musicians, and I have to say your relationship with your guy is reminding me of someone else. Just take the time to let him know how much you love and support him. It will work out.

4. Naesr68

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks GayDad! I saw him last night at another church function. We had a few minutes to talk...general stuff because others were around. Then chatted for a while on Facebook when we both got home. We are taking things as they come along, and yes, I support him wholeheartedly. I have to stop and realize that, even though this is difficult for me, it's doubly difficult for him. The 'balancing act' has, at times, put him under a great deal of stress and that nearly kills me. But, again, I let him know that I'm here supporting him and he realizes (we both do) that we have a lot of things to look forward to in the future! (*hug*)

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really admire the empathy and patience that you are showing for your "guy". This will indeed be to your credit as things move along.

Well done!

6. Naesr68

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks! Well, he's kind of a 'keeper' and it's a relationship that I truly feel is worth cultivating. The number of levels that we connect on and our common interests and views on faith have shocked me. And, I'm a pretty patient person...doesn't mean that I don't have my moments, though. Truthfully, when I get frustrated with the situation, it's never really with him, but the fact that his IN the situation that he is and frustration with society in general...and it's need to continue to 'pigeon hole' everyone and make them fit.

7. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice little bit of deja vu there. It does get frustrating sometimes when you recognize how very right something can be, and you have to be patient and wait for it because of circumstances. Sounds like the love you two have for each other is already something very unusual and special, and the fact that you are being so supportive and patient will make him love you all the more. It takes some of us a long time to realize how unfulfilled we were in our old relationships, but once we find someone we have a real connection with, it's more intense than anything we ever dreamed of.

And if he's lurking - step out of the shadows when you're ready. We know what you're going through and support you 100%. Having someone who loves you makes it a lot easier!

8. Naesr68

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Choirboy! What you wrote, I'm not ashamed to say, just made me cry. It's nice to hear someone else say the exact things that I have been thinking for a long time.

We had a time earlier this year when we were confronted about our relationship but his sister-in-law. Neither one of us denied it to her...and we had a LONG talk with her about everything. The one thing that he said was that he had never had a relationship before. That HE didn't know that it was possible to feel this way with another person. If I hadn't already been head over heels for him, that would have done it right there. I made up mind right then that what we have is just, simply put, meant to be. That it was worth fighting for, cultivating, defending, and most importantly waiting for. I, too, have come to realize that I really have never had a relationship before either...at least not one this 'mature'. Even with my ex, things never were and never felt like this.

Plugging along from one day to the next. With support of some mutual and understanding friends (a very few...as he doesn't want many knowing yet) and now EC (hopefully for both of us :icon_wink), things are just continuing to progress in a very positive direction.

Hugz to everyone! (*hug*)

9. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you have something that special, you know it. Sounds like you are good men whose love will make them more than the sum of their parts. You don't throw that away because of logistical challenges. But I don't have to tell you that.... (*hug*)

10. GayDadStr8Marig

That, sir, describes perfectly my relationship experience as well. I now know that I've only ever truly loved one person and everything that has gone before pales in comparison. (*hug*) Every day I am grateful we were both in the right place at the right time to be able to find each other. Real love truly is "worth fighting for, cultivating, defending, and most importantly waiting for."

11. Corwin

I'm so happy for you! It sounds like you are wonderfully happy together. I wish you both the best success in working out the "logistics". But I'm confident you will!

Cheers! :slight_smile:

12. Naesr68

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Corwin. Kinda missing him this evening, especially knowing that I was fixing his favorite dinner tonight. :icon_bigg Not to mention that it's snowing here in central Illinois right now...and that just makes me wanna be cuddled up on the couch watching a movie with him. Those evenings will come! ❤️

13. Naesr68

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Follow up: Just got off the phone with my guy. Always sleep better when I hear his voice before going to bed at night. A year and a half and it just gets better every day. I know there's a lot for us to face, but I know we've got a great future in store for us.

14. Corwin

Aw, that's great. Glad to see the lonely flag down. :icon_wink Sweet dreams...