1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to meet other lesbians? (Wisconsin edition)

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Booklvr2, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Booklvr2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a 55-yr-old lesbian leaving a LTR... still raising my elementary/middle school children while working a demanding full-time job. I've looked around for social activities and opportunities to meet other lesbians, but even in a big city like Milwaukee, there isn't much to offer - especially if one isn't a barfly. I've looked at volunteer options, but not much to choose from, and frankly I don't need more straight friends. Online dating offers something, but most of the women there want nothing to do with someone exiting a relationship or have very specific requirements ("must have tattoo" - wth?). Oh, and I joined Meetup (not much there either).

Ideas? Suggestions?

2. Ava

Ava

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, I'm going through the same (New York edition)!
    I've tried Meetup too (apparently, a lot of lesbians
    'rock climb' in NY; LOL).

3. Booklvr2

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So funny! Several posts on the online dating sites specified "must have tattoos". WTH?!?

Gee -- I only put talked on my profile about interests like reading, writing, Diana Krall, and travel. Didn't realize i'd need to be so... exacting. LOL

Today i reached out to a reportedly social activities group in our area, and again disappointed by 1) vague answers from phone contact person as to nature, dates, times, etc. of activities and 2) "i don't think we have any women members at the moment".

I swear if i actually knew more single lesbians I'd start my own freaking social network, but alas the women i know all have girlfriends.