1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date Excitement Thread

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by anaisninja, Apr 17, 2014.

1. anaisninja

Where's a thread we can post in when we've got a date coming up and we're excited about it?

So... I've got a date next week and I'm excited about it.

She's a professional baker, which means two things to me:
    1) She kneads things for a living. :wink:
    2) She's good in the kitchen. You know what they say... lol

Can you tell I'm a more than a little sexually frustrated? Not that I plan to get lucky or anything.

We are planning to meet for coffee, late afternoon. I told her I'd bring my guitar since we both play, and encouraged her to bring hers so we can jam a little and see how we fit musically. She seemed excited about that.

I'll be happy if a) she's not crazy (yes that happened on a first date recently - ugh), and b) we have enough in common for Date #2.

Wish me luck.
    :thewave:

---------- Post added 17th Apr 2014 at 09:35 PM ----------

I forgot to mention, this is a big deal for me. I haven't even kissed a woman yet. Not really. I did once, at a swinger party I was talked into going to (don't ask) but she was a femme like me, and I just wasn't feeling it.

This woman, my date next week, looks like a badass boi and makes my stomach flutter.

I will update you if I get to first, or even second (!), base.

:grin:

#1 anaisninja, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I want to say that I *LOVE* the idea for this thread!!

There are so many people going through so much angst and difficulty, and that is important stuff, and I'm happy to be here for them. But I also think that this kind of excitement is important to recognize! Certainly if my partner and I ever arrange to meet a guy again (we had a dinner date with a guy a few years back, but nothing like it since), dammit, I'd like a place to post about it!! (that must sound absurd to you gay people who are used to hetero relationships *rolls eyes at ridiculousness of self*)

Good luck and so much positive energy to you as you approach this important milestone/event. Your hopes/expectations (that she not be crazy) sound perfect. Here's to second base for you! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. anaisninja

lol thanks biAnnika. I'll be thrilled if I get to First. baby steps... :slight_smile:

4. setnyx

congratulations on the date and the flutter. good luck.

5. anaisninja

setnyx - I thank you and the flutter thanks you.

6. Yay!! How exciting! and extra yay for butterflies! =)

7. anaisninja

Come on people... I can't be the only one here who's excited about an upcoming date.

If you have one and you're excited about it, post! :smilewave

8. StarlightBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Ok, well, I don't exactly have a date today but sorta. I am crushiing on my veterinarian, she likes girls, sci-fi and little animals and I totally love her vibe, flirt with her when I have time on my little pet visits and she is very nice. Anywho, last visit two weeks ago I did give her my little chapbook of poetry and a few business cards with contact info for my art/poetry website, I have no way of knowing if she visited the site or even can figure out I am interested or that I like girls, I am not out at all and I am awkward in social situations no matter what they are. I just wish I knew how to ask her out just as a friend first or to be able to hangout at the same place with like ppl there so we can see if we could even be friends let alone go on a date, but the butterflies in my tummy make it feel like a date! I have spent 2 weeks fantasizing about every little moment shared, like her smile, her empathy over my sick doggie, but today is for a guinea pig, his leg was broken but find out today if it is healed all the way and it should be so it will be a good news smiling day. It's like two weeks seemed so far away and it took me two weeks just to work up the courage to give her my little chapbook, now this week I am at a loss and almost not sure if I can put forth any effort or will just smile and say thanks and leave. I mean she is a vet and busy with appointments like every ten minutes. I don't even know how to make friends with ppl that aren't like hanging out in my same group such as work or back in the school days or whatever.
    Anyways, I feel like I have a chance to make a date or at least a friendship hangout but don't know how!

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2014 at 11:07 AM ----------

I can't wait to hear the details of what happens on this date, I am very excited for you!

9. anaisninja

Hi StarlightBunny, thanks for responding!

First of all, be proud that you gave her your chapbook. Be proud that you have a chapbook! I keep saying I'm going to do something like that, but have I?

Okay next, the perfect excuse to ask her out would be to your next poetry reading or open mic. If where you live is anything like Seattle, there are probably weekly events. So you don't have to wait long until something comes up.

Here's my big question: Are you willing to get another Vet? Because if she's an ethical pro, she probably doesn't date clients. Have a really good think about that...

If you decide you are okay with getting a new vet, then you need to ASK HER OUT! Seriously, life is too short to be scared. I know that sounds easier said than done, but at some point you are going to have to walk through the fear and do it. It doesn't matter how you say it, there's no secret technique or magic phrase. Just say, "hey would you like to grab coffee with me this Saturday/Sunday/whenever?" Done. Then the ball is in her court. She will either say yes, no or maybe. But you won't find out unless you ask.

Go for it!!! Rah rah! (!)

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2014 at 03:23 PM ----------

Thank you browneyedgirl! I thought I thanked you in a previous post, but it never got posted. Anyway, THANKS! It's very EXCITING! lol :music:

---------- Post added 18th Apr 2014 at 03:23 PM ----------

Hey, why does it do that when I makes two posts in a row?

10. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I hope it's great! :thumbsup:

11. Iowan1976

This is a good idea!

Good luck on the date.

12. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This counts more as "date afterglow"....I had a really nice time last night (although maybe this doesn't really qualify as a "date"!). Sang for the Holy Thursday Mass and a certain special guy showed up to listen to the choir (and maybe scope out the tenor section....?). Very difficult to pay attention to the choir director with him sitting there! Afterwards we went to a local bar and sat there for hours, talking and laughing more than either of us have for a long time. Very casual, very relaxed and low-key--mainly about just spending some quality time together. Sometimes I forget how wonderful it is to just have a real conversation, and actually be listened to.

13. Spaceman

Great idea for a thread! My date excitement was two months ago. We met chatting online on valentines day for 3 hours...called it a virtual valentines date. Arranged to meet for coffee the following weekend. Coffee led to a walk on the beach, which led to dinner which led to another date. We've been dating exclusively since then.

He's a few years older than me, has been completely out since college, is totally comfortable in his own skin and doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks. Being around that kind of energy is exciting, inspiring...and arousing. Never thought I'd be in a relationship this soon after coming out, but glad I am. It really does help balance all the guilt, shame and other negative feelings I'm still dealing with.

Thanks anaisninja for helping us focus on the good.

14. all paths

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, congratulations, Anaisninja! I am really happy for you! :eusa_clap

15. anaisninja

I went to the women-only dance tonight and:

- Kissed a hottie (except it wasn't open mouth so technically I didn't get to first base. Boo :frowning2: )
    - Exchanged phone numbers with another cutie who asked me out for a meal sometime. I'm going to go watch her play softball next week. She was sooooo cute. I had to use all of my self control to keep from lunging at her. Aghhhh... I keep telling myself, "soon, just be patient." I feel like a teenager - I want it NOW!