1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

children being accepting

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Butterfly72, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Butterfly72

Yesterday evening I was having a chat with my 2nd eldest son who is 15. I had just joined up with netflix and we were flicking through the films on there. We came across orange is the new black and I said this is really good as I have watched it before. He said "you know mum I don't mind if you were gay you know" :kiss:
    I have dropped small hints over the last year or so, so he is becoming aware of how I am feeling but without actually "coming out" to him. My eldest son has also said this to me in the past.
    Their dad, whom I divorced 14 years back came out as gay early last year and then a couple of months later came out as M to F trans. They have both taken this well and have a lot of contact with her. We have even gone out on a day out to Brighton with our two boys and they are happy for who she is now.
    I am so glad I have raised such open and accepting boys. I have two younger sons also (four boys in all) their dad was my 2nd husband (whom I am no longer with) they are much younger, but being raised in an open and honest household I am hoping that when they are old enough to understand, they will be so understanding and accepting too.

2. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Awwe those boys are really wonderful and they wouldn't be who they are now unless their parents is doing a great job in loving them as well. So credits goes well to you.. :slight_smile:

3. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I firmly believe that if you raise your children to be loving and accepting people, then there's no reason they won't love and accept you too. Which means, you did you job well, and you're being rewarded! Congratulations.

4. tscott

My eldest daughter initially thought I was cheating on her mother, but once she was disabused of that I don't believe it was even a blib on the radar. My son and youngest daughter were more upset over the divorce than my being gay. It's been a non-issue, but then there is no "boyfriend", no evidence of anything different.

5. IsThisAName

It sounds like you've raised 3 wonderful boys and that you are truly blessed to have each other :slight_smile: I hope my future kids will be like that. I'm sure they will be as they'll most likely be growing up with 2 moms anyway.