1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being a lipstick girl who is only attracted to other lipstick girls, toughts?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Gia K, Apr 20, 2014.

1. Gia K

Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys, first of all I want to say that I am sorry for not having checked in lately, I've finally found a relatively okay job and it took me a bit to get adjusted to the new schedule. I hope you are all doing well, this place is like a safe and loving haven for me and I hope that it will always stay that way.

Anyway, so here's the thing, this is more of a issue addressinglesbians, but I do think that gay men, trans folk etc. can have an opinion to voice on this topic since, at the basis of it, it generally concerns what type of person we find ourselves attracted to and how annoying stereotypes can be when encountered.

As it is stated below my avatar, I guess I could label myself bisexual, but I am honestly leaning more towards women and I only can see myself being involved in a romantic relationship with a woman. I am also a lipstick kind of girl (I did not use the term "femme", because, personally, I highly dislike gender binaries and stereotypes about what is to be "feminine" and "masculine", all the generalizations that people make based on this and how it often leads to those incredibly stupid questions "But-but who is the man and who's the woman in your relationship?" "No one, that's the point, we're two men/women who love each other, and that's it" ... you know, that kind of stupid thing, as if always there must be one partner to dominate over the other, and that one must be associated always with the "male figure", because the "female figure" is presumed all the time to be submissive, docile, compliant, weak etc.. ughh, just disgusting!) and it just so happens that I only find myself to be attracted to other lipstick lesbians/bisexuals. Do not misunderstand me, I don't necccessarily consider butch ladies to be ugly or unattractive, but this is just what is attractive to me and what I respond to to (tough I must admit admit that I almost fell in love with the tomboy Emma from "Blue Is The Warmest Color" lol:lol:slight_smile:.

I'm curious to know if other women who are gay, bisexual, trans identify with my preference here, and if so, how do they deal with it. I love the idea of having a beautiful, lipstick woman as a lover and do everything with her, including make-up and hair routine, watch her dressing up, this is just my thing, and no, do not presume I'm just in need of a friend to do these activities with with, they're only certain aspects that I would like to enjoy with a lover with whom I identify.

I'm not sure where is it that I could ever meet such women, browsing the internet I've read somewhere that L.A is a place where there norm in the lesbian community there is "femme on femme", but who the hell can simply pack up and fly to L.A just like that in search of love? :lol::lol:

Anyway, please share your toughts

Best wishes to you all!(*hug*)

---------- Post added 20th Apr 2014 at 03:08 AM ----------

Ooops, it seems that I've posted this in the wrong section, I am SO sorry, I don't know what I was thinking, I meant to post it in the "Family, Friends and Relationships" section, I think I must have been browing around here and I didn't realize I posted my thread here as well.

Can one of the admis help me out and move it, please?:grin:

2. Gia K

Out Status:
    Some people
    Ooops, it seems that I've posted this in the wrong section, I am SO sorry, I don't know what I was thinking, I meant to post it in the "Family, Friends and Relationships" section, I think I must have been browing around here and I didn't realize I posted my thread here as well.

Can one of the admis help me out and move it, please?:grin:

3. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, I'm a lipstick bi girl and I met a beautiful lipstick lesbian around Thanksgiving. If I hadn't already been in a relationship I would've definitely considered dating her, and this was northern Kentucky, not LA. I did introduce her to a friend and they're now dating. It's the second successful intro I've done in the last year. I'm beginning to feel like a same sex matchmaker :lol: Anyway, I know it's still possible in the midwest.