1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doubts about begining a relationship...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Double Eagle, Apr 22, 2014.

1. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

Persons who have never been in relationships with the same sex as serious or possible lifetime pairing are not as attractive to persons who have been accustomed to same sex relationships isn't this true?

2. Karabeara

I don't think so? :$ This question is kind of hard to read and I'm not sure what your logic behind it is.

3. winboy

No,both sides are attractive.:kiss:

4. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Ive said this several times before but I think it bears repeating that this whole thing with my questioning started with an attraction to a woman that as far as I know has never been in a same sex relationship. Ive never been in a same sex relationship.

IDK... I prefer to think things all nice and neat ... I like to be able to categorize the way I think about stuff but love is love.

5. Biotech49

Half of my lesbian friends are "later in life" lesbians with kids. They are just as much lesbians as the other half of our friends who are "gold star". I am a later in life comer outer and I feel no less a lesbian. I would be equally attracted to a woman who was a gold star as I would be somebody like me. BTW, my girlfriend is gold star.

6. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't think this is true at all. I think that what matters is how you connect with another person's thoughts, values, interests, experiences - many, many things. Having never had a same-sex relationship before shouldn't play into that. In fact, I suspect that for those of us who have been married, and particularly those of us with kids, the experience of coming to grips with being gay later in life might be a very major connection between two people, one that really might not be there if the other person hadn't also had that experience.

In fact, if you've been able to negotiate the mine field of being a gay person in a straight marriage, you might actually be better relationship material, because you have years of experience picking up on nuances of behavior and general people-pleasing that you wouldn't have if you were out and gay from the get-go.

7. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

Thank You for your replies... I've been trying to come out for along time and have begun to wonder if maybe I'm over-aged anyway and it isn't worth the trouble for another person let alone an aware community. Like maybe staying in my little closet is best but this clears it up so thanks...

#7 Double Eagle, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
  8. Double Eagle

Double Eagle Guest

I'm asking if older out people think older closet people are attractive or worth the trouble as dating material and the other way around.

---------- Post added 26th Apr 2014 at 09:34 PM ----------

:kiss: Thanks :kiss:

---------- Post added 26th Apr 2014 at 09:35 PM ----------

(*hug*) Awesome :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 26th Apr 2014 at 09:37 PM ----------

:grin: A gold star sounds great! :eusa_clap

---------- Post added 26th Apr 2014 at 09:39 PM ----------

(*hug*) Yeah, you have a good point thank you! :slight_smile:

#8 Double Eagle, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014