1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight talk

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Yossarian, May 2, 2014.

1. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, this is a bit of a rant, but I have just had one of those stupid Facebook conversations which started with someone I know posting a "Straight Pride" picture on their wall, claiming that they were proud to be straight and that they were tired of being "attacked" viciously for doing so (they wren't). You can read the picture below to see what I am talking about.

The ensuing back and forth was loaded with religious references and the usual garbage about people being "sinners" for choosing to be gay, which (to them) was clearly against "God's Laws". I try to be polite to these people when they come back with this kind of crap, but it is so hard not to talk to them as though they are bigoted morons, who listen to politicians and talk radio rabble rousers who spew this kind of hate talk to them as though it is the Truth of the Universe. Why will they not believe it when they are told that nobody CHOOSES to be gay, we are just born this way? Why must they insist that that we choose to be gay (against all common sense) and are therefore choosing to "sin". We can choose how we live our lives, repressed and phony, or open and discriminated against, but we cannot change what we are born to be. Why is this so damn difficult for people intelligent enough to read what gay people universally say, that we did not CHOOSE to be gay, we just figured out that we were. :bang:

Attached Files:

2. mawwhite

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This seems to be the new strategy of the anti LGBT lobby which is to claim they are the oppressed minority. Their just making this stuff up because they are loosing and getting desperate. No one is buying it unless they are spending 10 hours a day watching FOX (sorry all you fox fans on EC). Just look at the coming out forum and the tide has turned...at least in the western world. Heck we've probably given your friend on FB too much of our time already.