1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know if I'm attracted to someone?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by browneyedgirl, May 2, 2014.

1. Sorry if this question sounds kind of dumb, but i really don't know when I'm attracted to the same sex. When I'm attracted to a guy I get butterflies in my stomach, I want to be around him all the time and I have to literally hold myself back from ripping his clothes off :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I don't get that with women. I've dated women before but left relationships to be with men. I'm currently married to a great man, but I have some unfinished answers from the same sex.

When I think I'm attracted to the same sex, its more like something intrigues me about them (hairstyle, clothes, cuteness). I want to get to know them better, I CAN picture a life with them, I love being around them. Sometimes I even want to kiss them. I'm not sure about sex, that thought actually makes me upset, but I'm not sure if I'm just not used to the idea or not.

So, how do you know???

2. Melanie

Melanie Guest

For me I look at her and think "shes hot" ... she may be standing there talking and I'm not even focusing on what she is saying.

She will do things and I think the same thing. Most of the things that she does that attract me I find annoying in men.

I WANT her to touch me, I WANT to be around her. When a guy friend does it I'm like "ok". I dont feel anything sexual. When she touches me its like theres this groaning inside of me and I dont want her to take her hands away. I wish she would move her hands down my chest... I wish she would tug me closer to her and kiss me.

Thats how I know I'm attracted. I dont know how to explain it any other way.

3. Lillifee

Lillifee Guest

I don't know either. I posted the other day about my boss that I have a crush on but I really don't know if it's that I'm in awe of her and intrigued by her. She is incredibly private and I want to know all about her. I can't wait to get to work so that I can be with her. I find excuses to touch her. If I text her I sit and watch my phone until she replies. I dream of kissing her all of the time and fantasise about her 24/7 BUT I don't think of sexual acts with her. This could be because it's the first woman I've had a crush on and wouldn't have a clue what to do or because I don't actually really fancy her. I don't look at her and tingle down below as it were(!) but I do have butterflies in my tummy. Saying that I can't remember the last time I was turned on by a man either. If I see a good looking guy walking down the street I do think mmmmm. So, I don't know either. Confused!!
    I hope you work it out.

4. Penpal

With the people I have been attracted to it is a mixture of looks and personality. Some people just stand out to me, they shine. When that happens I want to be with them all the time and wait for text messages from them. I would do anything for them if they need my help. I've never been in a relationship with a woman though so that is all I can tell you at this stage. X