1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any hope for my marriage?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by browneyedgirl, May 5, 2014.

1. Ok, so I've figured it out after a lot of thinking. If I had to get technical, I would label myself a demi-homosexual, mostly homoromantic, bisexual or bisexual leaning towards women. I do like men, I will always check them out, think about sexually, want to be close to them, but I just like women more, not so much sexually but more on the respect of seeing myself in a long term relationship with a woman.

One thing that has confused me a lot is that when I am connecting with my husband, he makes me laugh or we are just being close, then I could see myself with him forever and I want to have sex with him. Hell, I love having with him (and men). But then I think of a relationship with a woman and I feel distant from him (and other men).

I feel way more attracted to women emotionally. I've always been over attached to my girlfriends, I usually only preferred to be with my best friends alone and I do become sort of envious when they have other friends. I'm not into sex that much with women, I've always felt like something was missing there and it was penetration part that a strap on could not replace. But sex isn't everything in a relationship.

Do you think my marriage is any way saveable?

2. Newbeginning

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you like the emotional advantages that women give you versus actually being a lesbian.

3. Melanie

Melanie Guest

I dont know if your marriage is saveable, but your post made me think.

I like the idea of being emotionally and even physically close to a woman... I like the idea of kissing and making out... touching.. but I am not exactly sure about the sex part anymore.

When I first came to EC I thought I was asexual. Now I am wondering if I am romantic lesbian asexual lol

Ah the confusion. :slight_smile:

4. Jim1454

I don't know. It sounds like there is a chance. Have you tried couples counselling? If you were to build on the intimacy that you already share with him then perhaps that would be the answer.