1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asking advice from acquaintances

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mustang92, May 10, 2014.

1. Mustang92

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm currently mapping out emotionally and financially how to seperate from my husband of 10 years (2 kids, ages 6 & 8). I am acquainted with a lesbian couple in my area who were both previously married to men and have kids. My question to you is: would it be awkward for me to ask advice from them even though we don't know each other very well? Also, I might point out they live in my neighborhood and we have a lot of common friends who I wouldn't want to know all of this just yet. These ladies have always been very nice and friendly but I'm super nervous at the thought of discussing this with them.

2. jnr183

I would absolutely talk to them. I reached to an old friend I had lost touch with and his partner. His partner came out in his 30s after a marriage. They were both full of helpful advice and support. They know what you are going through. And they will certainly value discretion! Good luck! You will likely make 2 new friends.

3. Penpal

I agree I think they could really support you. I have 2 children aged 6 and 9 and have just split with my husband. I am looking for that kind of support at the moment. Go for it if you have the opportunity. X

4. LBSmitty

Out Status:
    A few people
    we both need to get more posts because we have a ton in common with our situations!