1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Great session with counselor today

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by looking for me, May 12, 2014.

1. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    so when i was last at the counselor i told her that i was having Bisexual thoughts and feelings. well today i told her about my revelation that i wrote about here on EC and that i liked dressing up "en fem" and that i did it on saturday night while my son was at his mom's for the weekend. i told her that i felt sooo comfortable dressed and that it was a real turn on at the same time. she was very supportive and offered to check out if there were any support groups in my area as she has had a number of people in her practice who have come to themselves later in life. she suggested that i email the rep for Pflag in the capital, as getting in there on a weeknight would be problematic since i live about 100 miles away and work all week as well as having a kid at home. so i did and he got back to me and told me that he would try to get me in contact with someone nearer to me to chat with. so all in all a good day.

2. Richie.

Councilling is so important for us I think, everyone on here should do it. If they haven't already, congrats on being open with them and yourself.

3. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Richie:icon_bigg

4. CyclingFan

Absolutely.

My wife yesterday asked me to help find her one, since she doesn't know where to start. She doesn't even know all the things I've discussed there, but she wants to take control of her fear.

5. girlpower

Hi! i too agree here. As i am not out at all, it was getting worse to not to share my feelings with anyone. i wanted someone who can understand me and there is no fear of being judged , no embarrassment and those looks. i decided to go to a therapist and was able to speakk my heart out... it felt so relieved and good :slight_smile:

6. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    excellant, or as my son says, "eggsalad" :grin:

---------- Post added 13th May 2014 at 02:31 PM ----------

that is fantastic.:thumbsup: