1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

51% confidence and rising

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Mustang92, May 13, 2014.

1. Mustang92

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is this just me? I go through periods of time, like today, sitting at work, I've played the "I'm gay" conversation with my husband a million times in my head...and I feel strong, confident...ready to actually have the conversation out loud...and I know that if today is like days past, i'll get home, get busy with the kids and by the time the kids are in bed i'll be too mentally and physically drained to have the conversation...so i'll put it off another day. I just want my life to begin already.

I'm thankful I've been offered a promotion at work (I'm part time now but this new job is more hours and possibly full time + benefits, soon) so I can at least have a realistic way to support myself in the near future.

I know this swinging back and forth between being confident and being afraid is probably pretty normal. I really appreciate everyone who posts their stories on this forum. Since I've been reading here (like, 2 weeks!) I feel the momentum leaning toward confidence so much more often. I finally feel hopeful. I am looking forward to posting my success story soon!