1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need advise

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Tee1776, May 13, 2014.

1. Tee1776

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ok never done this before but really could use advise . I will try to keep this as short as I an.
    I am 49 been I a lesbian relationship for 32 yr. we have one child and a grandchild . I have always been a man always hated my female body . I have always dresser male and acted male (butch)in my wife's eyes . About 4 months ago I came out as FTM to my partner she said she always knew . I started T and binding about 3 month ago. Now she doesn't want me to tell anyone else and just keep it between us . She says I already look and act like a man so hurt our family by telling anyone . We talked about the changes T will make to my body and she only cricked out about me having a penus .
    We have made a good life in town . I just don't think she understands how I feel that a can't be this anymore. But I won't hurt my family. I just wish she could except me as a man ever if it was just at home. I can't get her to talk about it or even research it.
    Advise please !!!!

2. Jim1454

Hi there, and welcome to EC! You've come to the right place.

I'm sorry that your wife isn't as open to this as you'd like. It's funny that she 'knows' but doesn't want you to act on it.

Really, it sounds like the two of you could benefit from some professional counselling - someone to help mediate / facilitate the discussions that you need to have on this issue. Because while we might be all very understanding and sympathetic - you don't have to live with us - you have to live with her.

I'm glad you found us here though. Perhaps others will have some advice - especially those who have gone through what you are going through.

3. Tee1776

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for your help.

4. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Welcome to EC Tee1776! Your wife may also be scared of losing you both physically and emotionally. I agree with Jim's idea of professional counseling.(*hug*)

5. Tee1776

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I am starting to get a lot of hair growth on my legs now . Last night my wife told me I might need to shave my legs!! I told her I would shave my face for her so and because of work but I am not shaving my legs.
    I am going to talk to her about talking to someone but I can't see her going. I know she loves me . We have so much going on with kids n grandchild ,work home I think she hopes it will just go back to the way it was.
    We don't have much alone time and she is a mother and worries about the kids home and bills before anything else. I do understand that. I just can't not do this even if it is not all the way like I would want.
    Am I being selfish ?

6. White Knight

What would you do if she try and starts to turn herself into a man?

There is a reason why we are who we are... speaking from homo/hetero aspect. We are not pansexuals or bisexuals. Wheter we like it or not physical attraction is part of love we are having for our partners.

Personally I also can't accept if the man I love try to turn into a woman and ask me to continue love them. I would be their best friend but not their other half, partner or lover.

Also understand your situation... being something but try to act and live like something you are not.

Honestly your situation both hard and sad. Hope you and your wife can find a solution.

Hugs.

7. Tee1776

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are right. It is very hard to choose between the love of your life and who you really are.

8. Tee1776

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    We are trying to talk more. I am trying to see her side too and how self absorbed I have been. It is not going to be easy but i hope we can work things out .
    Thanks for your advise and a outside view .