1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbians in straight marriages...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by TurtleCat, May 19, 2014.

1. TurtleCat

Lesbians in straight marriages... what was your experience, and how did you realize you were lesbian despite being married to a man?

I'm a woman married to a man, and I identify as bisexual, since I figure I must be at least to some extent if I've been with a man and desired sex with him, and enjoyed it. But lately I've been having a lot of turmoil and confusion over my sexuality, and this overwhelming desire and fantasy to be with another woman romantically and sexually... I just wonder if a lot of this confusion and discontent wouldn't be solved by actually being with, and having a full-on relationship, with another woman.

Now, in my circumstance, my husband actually has approved of me having relationships with other women, saying he didn't consider "a woman" to be cheating, and so I have seeked them out... But so far, my experiences have led me to a one-night stand that led to nothing more, and I'm still unsatisfied. I just don't know. Don't get me wrong, I love my husband and we have a good life together. But I can't help but to feel like there's some intrinsic romantic and sexual desire in me that would be satisfied, by being with another woman. I just don't know.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I was never in a straight marriage but from what I heard a lot was that some did not enjoy it at all, some said they did but felt like something was missing and when they slept with a woman felt complete and didn't desire sex with men anymore. Hope this helps

3. TurtleCat

Well, I don't desire sex with men anymore, after being with a woman, it's all I can think about... I still have sex with my husband but it's not the same as before, all I can think about is being with a woman and how it compares. It's like, it still feels pretty good but lacks the emotional fulfillment. I don't know. I still like my husband don't get me wrong, but there's this desire to be with a woman. Like there's a part of me that's not complete, that's left unfulfilled. I don't know.

I mean there's times with my husband where I definitely enjoyed it, even times when I was very turned on by the fact that I was with a man, and his whole physique... I don't know. I mean, maybe in my case it's that I truly am bisexual, but am at a point in life where I'm preferring and craving women. I just don't know.

#3 TurtleCat, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not sure what your orientation is but that does take some looking into,

5. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have to start by saying I'm still personally overawed by all of this, but the more I read and realise, I identify. So, I have been twice married, and never considered I was anything other than straight. The little *weird* passing attraction to (very few) women, I thought was one of my little anomalies, and was quite frankly ashamed by it.
    I was never attracted sexually to my first husband, I didn't know one was supposed to be (we are talking 1970, here, and I was young and extremely naive). Sex was something you just did, hated, but well, that was marriage. He was not a particularly sexual being anyway so there was little problem. When that ended after 15 years (two children later), I met my second husband who became my best friend. I thought he was the most attractive man on the planet (and other women seemed to think so too) but I didn't feel sexually attracted to him either. He enjoyed sex, and I faked it well, but dreaded it. It lasted eight years. When both relationships ended we remained friends (although they have since moved on to other relationships, I haven't)
    The first sexual attraction I felt hit my like a brick, it was towards a woman, met in passing. I said nothing more than hello to her, but thirty years later could still describe her.
    I don't know if any of this answers you query, but hope it gives another insight.
    Wishing you well