1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something horrible just happened

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by anaisninja, May 20, 2014.

1. anaisninja

The woman I thought liked me, went up to move her truck and never came back.

On our date.

I feel... like I've just been stabbed. Like there is something deeply, terribly wrong with me. Like I'm not worth loving. Or even fucking.

This has never happened to me. No one has ever treated me this way. Except for the woman in Illinois. So that is twice in 2 weeks now.

For a split second, when she went to go move her truck, I thought - if she doesn't come back I'm going to quit my job and leave the state. But I didn't believe it. I didn't believe a person could be so cruel. But then, she never came back.

Maybe this is a message from the Universe. I can't go to work tomorrow, even though it's my 3rd day on the job. That's it. I give up. I'm done.

2. wanderinggirl

Wow. That is literally the worst move she could have ever pulled on you.

The only explanation I can think of, other than that she is a totally heartless insane individual, is that she felt feelings and got freaked out and ran away. I have to believe that that's what caused her actions, because I don't believe for one second that someone is not worth being loved or being fucked if they want to.

The woman in Illinois, was that a separate incident? What happened right before they left?

3. White Knight

Oh God. How can those people can call themselves human? Dignity and decency are so last century I think.

Ana don't be a fool. Yeah what she did was cruel and utterly wrong but you can't shape your life depending on other people's whim. (See my sig)

Life don't like quitters so stick with your job and build the life you like. You might have harder time to believe in others in near future but it will come naturally in the end.

Sorry you've been thru such ordeal. Here is a warm hug to make you feel better. :slight_smile:

PS: When did this incident happen? Maybe she has some explanation... like she's been abducted, recieved a very close relatives dead news and couldn't think clearly or she was a criminal and got arrested by police... Anything is possible in life after all.

4. Really

These people are losers. You seem kind of fab to me.

They are not important enough to mean anything to you. Try to enjoy your new job for one week. I guarantee you'll feel better next Friday. That's right, guarantee!

5. Richie.

Would you really want someone who is so shallow in your life. You've had a lucky escape if you ask me!! Your worthy of love you are!!

6. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow. That's about the most cowardly, chickenshit thing one person could do to another, and she had to be a real piece of crap, with no sense of empathy, to do that.

I'm really sorry that happened, and I can relate as I've had a couple of experiences that, while they weren't quite the same, certainly made me feel pretty crappy. Nobody deserves that and you certainly deserve better.

I also have to agree that anyone who would behave that way is not anyone I'd want anywhere near me, so you may have dodged a bullet, even though I'm sure it doesn't feel that way right now.

I hope you find a more understanding and healthy person, and a more fulfilling relationship soon.

7. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anais, I'm so sorry you had this experience...but others are talking absolute sense here.

If she did this without a damned good excuse (like being abducted by aliens), then it's not you who isn't worth loving or fucking...it's her. You don't state your age, but I suspect you may be old enough to realize that when people are assholes to you, it's never about you, but about them and their issues.

I can understand taking the day off if you think it would recharge you (rather than allowing you to obsess on this incident for a whole day). But don't let yourself do anything more drastic than that. She isn't worth it, and *you are* worth quite a bit more than that! (I agree with Really that you seem kinda fab.)

The Universe does indeed send messages, hon...but never the message "you aren't loveable". It doesn't feel that way about anybody...otherwise, why would they be here? I think at worst, this message is about reconnecting with the fact that it's them, not you...and an opportunity to develop persistence and resiliency.

Best wishes, and remember that we're here for you.

8. anaisninja

Hi, someone stayed with me overnight so I wasn't alone. I'm safe, but I feel shitty. This is going to take some time to process. I appreciate your kind words.

9. Melanie

Melanie Guest

Oh God. When someone does something like that its a reflection on THEM not on YOU.

10. Penpal

Don't give up, they are not worth that. That was an awful thing to do to you and it has no reflection on you it is all them. Respect for people's feelings is something not everyone has apparently and that causes a lot of hurt. There is probably nothing I can say to take the hurt away but believe me when I say you deserve better and you will find better.(*hug*)

11. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

What a jerk. It definitely has nothing to do with you. She stood you up ;(

12. Hyaline

I had a similar experience meeting for a first date. He was very late, I locked my keys in my car and after waiting almost an hour for him, he showed up and told me he needed to use the restroom and left me sitting in the food court at the mall. (It was Christmas time and we were going to do a bit of shopping together.) At the time, I wasn't aware but we had a mutual acquaintance. Turned out that this guy wasn't worth the drive to meet him. But at the time I felt crushed as we had been chatting online for almost 6 months. Hang in there, odds are someone that would do this wouldn't be in it for the long haul and would run away at the first sign of trouble. This isn't the kind of person you want in your life anyways.

13. Laelia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm sorry..is this the same woman you just slept with? My god.

14. Wolfiee

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    God, that's awful. You deserve so much better than that.

15. Black Raven

Black Raven Guest

Sorry to hear it. (*hug*)

No way to treat anyone.
    Better be glad you don't need to worry about her from now on.

Yeah, easier said than done. But she would have done nothing but cause you pain in the long run, I'm sure.

Well, this gives you a chance to find a proper lady next time, right?

16. anaisninja

Thanks everybody. I'd like to be able to say I'm feeling much better by now, but I'd be lying. I think only time and space are going to heal this wound.

17. Really

Try to do something nice for yourself. Something simple.
    Visit an outdoor market this weekend, have an Orange Julius (do you have those?) and listen to some buskers. They must be out now, no?
    I'm thinking bustling crowds, happy noises, other sensations to keep your mind off things.

(I know, I'm a bit of a simpleton.)

18. Jim1454

Wow. I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. It really was a shallow and cowardly thing to do.

But remember - we aren't all going to be compatible with each other. This person was clearly not someone you would want to spend the rest of your life with - their true character would have presented itself sooner or later.

I also recommend spending time with people who love you, and doing things for you. You're worth it.

19. anaisninja

Thank you Jim1454 and Really. Those kind words meant a lot. :slight_smile:

20. Really

You're very welcome. Make sure you let us know that you did something for yourself and that things are looking up or, at least, don't feel as bleak as before.