1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

15 yrs. straight, 3 yrs. lesbian, totally messed up.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by confusedx, May 25, 2014.

1. confusedx

Hello,
    I have no one to talk to. Happy with my honey one day and totally frustrated the next day.
    I care very deeply for my honey, but there are times she makes me crazy and I don't even want to talk to her. We have known each other over 25 years but it wasn't until I retired and we began talking on the phone a lot that we got together. She has always been gay - not a surprise to me. I never had a relationship with a guy that wasn't always drama, drama, drama. At the end of my last relationship with "Bob" I just gave up and settled for a life alone. I was mostly content, I'm a very independent and self sufficient but lonely. My honey lives a completely different lifestyle. She has absolutely no sense of budgeting, prioritization of her income. She does not take care of herself, thinks ignoring a medical problem will go away on its own. She has serious dental issues and severe pain in her feet.
    I have the funds to help her with these medical issues but she does nothing about them. I know she is a proud person and does not want any financial help, but this drives me batshit. I have medical issues of my own, but I go to the dr. and take care of myself. She even has the same health insurance, but still has to tough it out. I'm at the point of making myself crazy and give up on her ever taking care of herself. Any suggestions on what I should do. Stay away so I don't keep hearing about her problems and her doing nothing about it. Or keep trying to get her to take care of herself.
    On a different subject, we have no physical contact except a quick kiss here and there. In the past 3 years we have maybe had sex 3 or 4 times. I don't know how to deal with that either. Is there anyone out there with any kind of suggestions?
    Thanks to anyone who slogged through all of this rambling.
    marg