1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just when I thought things were getting more positive.....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by ukguy, May 26, 2014.

1. ukguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi all - I have posted on this site a number of times - about my own progress towards being my true self. I am on a better footing with my wife now - she seems to be adjusting to the fact that I am gay. I still live at home with my children. We dont argue as much. She knows I have met someone too - and seems anxious about this and more matter of fact than she used to be. Just when I felt things were making progress...I went into hospital for a minor operation and have been told that my blood tests have picked up something sinister. Cancer has been mentioned and I have to go for more tests.

This has really thrown my future into confusion again. I could not envisage moving out of the family home to live on my own - I need people around me at the moment. And it is my wife who is looking after me while I come to terms with the possibility that I may have leukaemia and while I recuperate from the minor op.

The guy knows..and is upset too. He must be wondering where this leaves us both. And so do I....

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oy vey....I can only hope that whatever it is they found is not serious. You are right to seek help and support wherever you can if the news is less than good.

You have my blessings for a speedy and complete recovery.

Best of luck!

3. White Knight

God... sorry to hear your situation.

Focus on defeating this ugly thing first then you can focus on your social matters. Ask both parties to give you time. One of them is your wife and other one is loving you so I think both will understand and care about your well being than anything else.

Hope you can get well soon. Hugs and prayers to support you. (*hug*)

4. Clay

Wow I wish you well. I really hope it gets cleared up quick and you fully recover.

5. ukguy

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thanks guys. This is an obstacle I can really do without! Just focusing on sorting out my personal and home life has been difficult enough without having my health to worry about too. I had begun to plan for the future but dont feel I can do this now.

6. marriedover50

May you find comfort and energy from friends and family as you attack this set back. Stay positive about your future.

You have folks around the world sending you hope.

7. Highlander2

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm so sorry to hear this. After the struggles you have had, this just seems a really cruel twist to life. I hope that the diagnosis is not as bad as initially feared. I hope that you find the support you need from those around you, and here too.

8. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi UkGuy

Sorry to hear that you discovered “out of the blue” as it were that you have an illness you didn’t know you had, I hope that whatever it is can be sorted out and you make a full recovery.

Sale Gay Guy