1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Having a low day

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Penpal, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Penpal

I've come back from holiday with my children and I'm having a really low day. We had a really lovely holiday, but now I'm feeling so low. The boys are with their dad this afternoon and I have to sort things out in the house. I don't know why I'm feeling so low today.

2. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear that Penpal. Glad you had such a wonderful holiday though! Do you have any friends you could call up? Even just having someone over to help you out as you sort through things can make all the difference. Maybe you just need to stop for a bit and have a shoulder to cry on to help you work through these negative emotions.

3. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Penpal! So sorry you're so sad. A lovely holiday can take you away, and then sure bring you back again with a vengeance.

I used to live where you live. I wish I was there now, we could've had a coffee and a natter.

A virtual hug, until a better one comes along.

(*hug*)

4. Hyaline

I am having a rough day too.. Using it to reflect on the positives in my life. But the weight is overwhelming.

5. Penpal

I think I have been looking forward to this break with my children and now it's over it's back to the reality of the situation. Simple Man I tend not to talk to my friends about my problems anymore after being rejected by a few. I do have some really lovely friends but the ones that have now turned on me were the friends I would go to if I was sad. I tend to just talk to my counsellor and people on here if I'm sad now. It's easier that way and I can't get hurt.
    Sig it would have been nice to meet up with you. Thanks for your kind words and much needed hug.
    Hyaline, sorry you are having a bad day too. Anything we can help you with?

6. Hyaline

I wrote a big long post about why my heart is heavy in the general section...

I think like most people we have our ups and downs. The ebb and flow of the people around us can be tough. In your case it sounds like it is probably coming off the high of vacation and settling back into the humdrum of normal life... For me it seems to be the realization that we aren't here forever...

7. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I have a rough day, I go for a bike ride. It is hard to be excessively cognitive while riding a bicycle at 20 mph spewing endorphins internally, and when you get back, it is easy to fall asleep because you are tired. Pretty sure swimming, or running would do about the same thing, but cycling does it best for me.

8. Penpal

Exercise is a good distraction and makes you feel better. I couldn't do that today but plat over back on track with it soon. It all wet to pot when I became depressed. I need to start again with it .
    Hyaline, I will try and find your post and read your story.

9. Wuggums47

Wuggums47 Guest

I'm sorry that you're not feeling well. I had an off day recently too. To quote an old wise saying, "This too shall pass".

10. tscott

Glad you had a good holiday with the kids...I'm always a bit down when I have to drop them at the house we shared...I'm told it gets easier, but I miss them dreadfully.

11. Molly1977

Hello, How are you feeling today? You will gte down with this from time to time but just keep going and things will fall into place when the time is right.

Lots of love Molly x

12. Penpal

Thanks everyone. I know separating from my husband is the right decision but I feel very alone now. I think I am going to find it difficult to trust people. I think it has suddenly dawned on me that I am the only person that really cares about my life. Don't get me wrong I have lots of friends but when it comes to the crunch they have their own lives and families. Not to mention that most of them don't know my sexuality. As 3 out of the 8 people I have told no longer talk to me I am reluctant to share that information at the moment. I know I don't want friends that are homophobic but it is still a loss that I have to go through. I can't seem to let go of the people that turn their backs on me. My counsellor is trying to help me with this but I'm a bit of a lost cause. I think too much of people and will go out of my way for them so it really hurts when people do the opposite to me.