1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NSBs and other side effects

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Really, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Really

New acronym : NSB = non-sex benefit

It's occurred to me that some nice side-effects are happening now that things are becoming clearer sexuality-wise. Have you found this too? Here are a few that I've noticed.

• More confidence; previously, I was interested in being the invisible one but now, not that I want to be the centre of attention, I'm happy to be noticed.
    • Improved lifestyle, health & fitness-wise; I had been doing some jogging for cardio but now have added some strength training and increased the amount of running I do. (I seem to be quite interested in reshaping my body for that, hopefully, inevitable encounter but am happy enough to be doing this for myself.)
    • Increased social-ability (is that a word?); I don't seem to find joining conversations so tedious any more. I've even been quite scintillating (if I do say so myself - see? Confidence.) while talking to to a couple of women, on separate occasions, who I figured were lesbians, not that I have any proof, and managed without my usual conversational constipation or nerves!
    • Men don't confound me any more (not sure that's the right word); strange as it sounds and I'm not sure why - maybe because there is no pressure to impress them now? - but they have no stronger hold on my emotions than, say, a nice dog I might meet in the street. He's cute, I smile, I go on my way - man or dog. (I'm not patting them, though.)
    • And weirdly enough, I have lost interest in a number of the tv shows I used to watch quite religiously. All their ridiculous to-ing and fro-ing love interests seem even more ludicrous and I can't waste my time on their nonsense.

If nothing else, I'm quite enjoying these personal "improvements" and hope that they continue.

Got any others?

2. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Wow, Good for you. So glad you're heading upwards, and are happy.

Might get there myself, then I'll let you know :slight_smile:

All the best