1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dream about ex-gf

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by jnr183, Jun 2, 2014.

1. jnr183

Mildly amusing story to start off your Monday...

I broke up with my girlfriend about two months ago. She moved away not long after we started dating and this summer she is moving even farther away, so I told her I was breaking up because of distance, which was most of the reason. I didn't tell her there were more and more things I was beginning to see in her that I didn't like that much. And I didn't tell her that I was questioning my sexuality (I was kind of unsure as to where that might be going two months ago). Both reasons seemed like they would only add insult to injury.

Since we've broken up I have been happier and happier (and relieved) that we broke up. Has that happened to people?

She's been quite self-absorbed and immature since the breakup- basically unhappy because I have been distant, don't want to talk to her on the phone, and have refused her offers to visit. We haven't had any blow-out fights but basically I told her I wanted space and, really, this was how I logically dealt with a breakup. I'll spare you the details but I feel like I've been very kind to her during the breakup but she doesn't seem to consider any perspective but her own. Her problem not mine.

Last night I had a dream that she came and visited me. In the dream I must have come out to her a while ago. We were driving along and she casually mentioned talking to so-and-so about gay men breaking up with gf's and then it came out in conversation that she had decided to tell pretty much all of our mutual friends.

I was so angry in the dream! I'm not sure I've had angrier dreams... rage! There were even some tears. She showed little remorse and didn't seem to care about what she had done to me.

Anyways, I woke up, realized it was a dream, realized she doesn't know, and decided that I was happy that she didn't. No idea as to the significance of the dream but in hindsight I think it's funny.

Hope everyone is off to a good start this week.

2. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hahahah. Good thing it was only a dream, and a happy result to boot.
    All good.:slight_smile:

3. marriedover50

Sounds like there is a part of you trying to get your attention. I would give this part more attention and listen to the feelings, sadness, rage ...

This dream is trying to gift you with something. What is it?

4. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    sounds like your instincts are telling your to be wary of this person. sometimes you are your most expert advisor.

5. calgary

A lot of different themes in that one. Is pretty amusing.