1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared of seeing her again!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Penpal, Jun 3, 2014.

1. Penpal

My friend who I fell for in a big way and I never told, who stopped talking to me in November because she couldn't handle my marriage problems has asked me to take my son out for her son's birthday. This will be me, my friend, her partner, her best friend and the children. We haven't spoken for months and I have had a lot of counselling about our friendship. I am still not over her in fact my last counselling session I spent in tears because of her.
    Foolishly and because her son is best friends with my son I have said yes. I am terrified. I think I will fall a part if she hurts me anymore. I know I'm a fool to agree to go, but that's me a fool!

2. anaisninja

Do you have to go yourself, or can you just send your son with her?

3. Penpal

Well she has sort of suggested we stay and have a picnic. It's also high ropes so I would prefer to be there as I don't know how my son will get on. I'm also thinking is this the chance to sort out our friendship or am I just setting myself up for another fall? I'm not after a relationship just a friendship.