1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone bring the Lesbian out of you??

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LostMyself, Jun 7, 2014.

1. LostMyself

LostMyself Guest

Do you believe that someone can bring the gay out of you? Or Make you think your gay because you have some feelings towards the same sex? I ask this because pretty much I started getting feelings for a woman I had just met online years ago since then I have been questioning my sexuality non stop and I mean NON stop.Before the. When I was a teenager I knew I was attracted to women and accepted I was bi curious.Ive never been with a woman but I feel more attraction to them then I do of my male partner.So since all this happened me re discovering my true or what I thought was my true desire when I started getting feelings for this woman I've never met everything about me who I am has changed and I can't get back to what I was before this damn questioning it's so Frustrating because she has pretty much just flirted and made out she liked me but it was all bullshit she was trying to catfish me.If I was single I'd proberly jump at the chance but I guess in a way thankfully I'm not cause of my guilty conscience saved me from letting it become too far because I'm in a long term relationship.So how do I get back to the old me? She's opened Pandora's box so to speak and I can't think or get back to my heterosexual life where I think I was happy I can't remember before all this.

2. Unfortunately your can't go back as hard as that may be. In life we all gravitate towards things that will make us happy and this just happens to be something you found (and cant forget). I completely understand how you feel as I feel it too whenever I connect with another woman or just the feeling of thinking about myself with another woman.
    If I could just get rid of these thoughts for females, then I would be a very happily married woman - but I know that won't be possible.

3. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    For me it was a girl I started following on twitter. I was drawn to her even before I knew she's lesbian. I even came out to her later but the funny thing is that she doesn't give a damn about me. I had to unfollow her eventually because seeing her tweets on my timeline was making me crazy. Not only that seeing her talking to another people but me was making me jealous, I was also afraid that the more I get to know her the more I will fall for her. I still think about her from time to time. So yeah, she totally "made me", she opened that something in me I didn't even know it existed. There are times when I hate her a little for what she "did" to me but mostly I'm grateful because even though I thought I was happy, looking back, it wasn't 100% real.

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sure I believe someone can "bring the lesbian out of you"...but only if there's a lesbian in you to begin with!

Feelings can lay dormant or denied for years, and be awoken (and then they rush out with extra strength for having been so long repressed) by any number of strange things. I had a friend who realized his homosexuality only after watching "Rocky Horror Picture Show"...if that can "bring the gay out of you", why not a particularly compelling individual?

But if there was a lesbian in you, hon...then she was bound to come out at some point, whether inspired by a person, a movie, a flower, a conversation, or just the slow passage of time. So don't try to invalidate who you are because you found yourself through someone playing games with you (that invalidates her, not you).

I know about Pandora's boxes, and it's easy to say "oh, if only _________ hadn't opened it! why can't I go back?" But it remains a fact that that stuff was in that box, and was going to get out *sometime*, with help or on its own. It's time to embrace that stuff having finally emerged into the world, and accommodate the stuff into your worldview...it's always been here, after all.

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Great post, BiAnnika :thumbsup:

6. girlpower

i am afraid if there is any way you can go back to normal...

7. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    that was just great, dude (*hug*):slight_smile:

8. HTBO

I met someone and realized that I was attracted to women because of her. I call her my 'trigger crush'. I was married, and after I met her, I could never go back to the way i felt with my husband before. I eventually accepted that I'm gay and I came out to him, but it was a painful, and confusing process. I will forever be grateful for my trigger crush because she changed my life, even though she's not aware, and she helped me realize who I am.

9. stella99

I totally agree someone can bring the lesbian out of you. I've had suspicions for a few years now but never contemplated doing anything about it as I've been married 20 years and wasn't even sure. However I've met this woman and boy has she confirmed my suspicions. Nothing has happened or been said regarding our feelings (yet) but I can definitely say she is my trigger crush. I have such a crush on her. She has answered my question big style even though I don't know if she is the answer....I will always credit her making me see the true me. It was really such a surprise. I'm still amazed how my feelings just 'happened', there was nothing I could do to stop it. It feels so right.

10. iamjustababy

iamjustababy Active Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes it can happen in fact it happened to me! My best friend (hopefully girlfriend soon) is lesbian and when she came out to me I started to realize "wait a sec..I've had these feeling for a long time but, never accepted them" when she came out to me that gave me the push I needed to accept who I am, to "bring the lesbian out of me"