1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm the bread winner...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by sugarskull, Jun 13, 2014.

1. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For lack of better words. I am the only income between myself and my boyfriend. We have been together 10 years, have a 3 year old. He's the stay at home parent.
    That right there is the number one thing holding me back. :/
    He's planning on working once she is in school. So that means at least another 2 years before anything.
    Some days I feel like I am going to BUST...just bust with frustration and saddness.
    I love him. I really do. He is my best friend. But I feel like he would punch me straight in the face if I tell him I'm pretty sure I'm gay.
    That's weird to type.
    And he will talk me out of it. Like he did when I was 20 and terming myself bi. If only I could go back...

Ugh. I don't know what to do. I have no one to confide in. I feel so increadibly alone. blahblahblahblahblah:tears:

2. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh sugar, I feel for you. What a hard place to be in. I'm not in any position to give advice, but do know that you're not alone.
    (*hug*)

3. LostMyself

LostMyself Guest

Your not alone even though I'm the dependable one since having our 2nd two years ago but my make partner has health issues and is always complaining that he will have to quit and I will need to take on the fulltime work I've always worked casual or part time with the little ones.I feel even more alone knowing anyday I may need to take on all roles of housewife/working fulltime now I'm in the closet I think I just can't see a way out with the financial burden i want to be happy and not have to live a life of guilt by being with him because I feel sorry for him and the circumstances surrounding it.But is there a system set in place there to help single parents with financial cost? Could you work out an agreement between yourselfs in the cost of your daughter? If you do split he could he go work part time and you to could work out an agreement together maybe ask friends and family for help? I think it's doable I'm not from where you are so I don't know what support there is out there.