1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to all of this... at twenty six

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Izzy Arbosa, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Izzy Arbosa

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok so this mostly all new to me. In my life I have seen one drag show and spoken closely with only a rare few lgbt spectrum people. It is not that I am biased, but I am a loner and very wary of the outside world (sometimes).

I am almost twenty six and have recently come to realize that I always wish I was born a girl, and while I knew this somewhere inside myself, I had never actualized that thought in a memorable way in my life.

I am lucky it is coiniciding with a new therapist, well, its been 3 months now so not THAT new. I am not gay, I am only attracted to women but I want to become one. I have taken no steps twoards HRT but I am considering it

What I really need is advice, I am TERRIBLE at talking most of the time, but I want to start trying out dressing like a woman in public. Mostly because I want to, but also because it will definatly help my writing.

As a side note, any advice on where to start buying bra's online, cheaply? I am not quite ready to walk into walmart and buy them yet.

2. quietman702

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Welcome to EC Izzy, I'm sure that you will find help here... I'm sorry I don't have any advice other than stick close to your therapist... also if possible ask your therapist if there any local support groups... may be worth a trip to Chicago. As to bras just do a search for cheap undies (or whatever you want) and you should get a very long list of possible choices.

3. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi Izzy, Welcome. No need to be wary here, everyone is helpful and kind.
    As far as bra's go, once you've decided, bust and cup size you're more or less okay to buy anything from anywhere. As quietman above says, an online search will bring up a multitude of choices. And you don't always have to pay a lot to get something pretty or cute.
    Again, welcome to EC.

4. bottomsup

Hi izzy, welcome.
    I have always dreamed and longed to be a girl, on the rare occurance that I "go down" on my wife, (lol, twice in seven years), but used to all the time in a previous relationship, I fantasize that im a lesbian female and she is mine, love it (will have to do again real soon, as were sticking together even though) .
    Sorry just thought would share that.
    Can't wait to get my legs waxed, and get dressed up, ptlretty impossible at home as im a parent, but sometime will go clubbing as a tv. (will I ever is is it always going to be a perpertual fantasy? Ill let you know how I get on!)
    Get quite a big step, you have age on your side though.
    Love love