1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don;'t know how to act.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by sugarskull, Jun 19, 2014.

1. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I've become friends with a girl I work with. Usually when this happens, we just chit chat at work and facebook no biggie.

But then theres this girl. Shes gay. And I have a crush on her. She doesn't know obviously. I know she has a girlfriend. We get along so incredibly well and talk with ease its almost scary. I have never had someone like this. She asked for my number yesterday so we can be "best friends" as she called it.

We talk about everything except our personal lives. (as in she never mentions her gf, I never mention my bf)

So I havent had a close girl friend in like 10 years. I can't tell if I'm paranoid if I feel like I'm flirting a bit...or if thats just how girls act when they are friends. I feel weird if I text her first (tho I did) I think its all in my head. And I should just go with it, but I don't want to cross any lines.

I keep posting asking for advice for everything with this girl. I am so confused. Lol..

BTW: I'm not looking to cheat. I just honest to god have no idea how to act to a girl thats a friend...thats more than just a at work friend. I think my feelings for her are confusing it all and making me think everytime I text her I'm flirting...

2. Jim1454

Well you do have a crush on her. That's different than having 'just' a best friend. So I think it is normal that you do feel a little wierd when you're interacting with her.

The question I have is have you told your boyfriend that you're 'questioning' in terms of your orientation? Do you think you are bisexual? Gay? There will be some feelings of guilt just around keeping that secret. Layer on top of that the fact that you're texting with a girl who you have a crush on makes it that much worse.

As for having a best friend and how to act - I'm not sure. I'm not one to have had that many best friends...