1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dealing with who I am through spirituality.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LostMyself, Jun 24, 2014.

1. LostMyself

LostMyself Guest

For those that believe in spirituality stuff or have an open mind to it I'd like to hear your input.I can't get past everything in my mind so I've turned to getting intune with myself instead through spirituality.Ive just started reading self help books but my biggest question is,Is it even possible to do this while I'm questioning?? Will I benefit from it at all?? I guess in a way I'm trying not to constantly think about what I'm thinking and feeling and the reason behind all that is I haven't found a solution to help myself which doesn't involve me making a possible huge mistake.So I guess I'm trying to get my head space right and to be able to move forward just enough to stop obsessing it may be avoidance or maybe I'm just tired of being tired from this crap in my head.Spirituality talks a lot about getting Intune with yourself which I find abit hard when I feel there's this part of me that isn't being really me or maybe I can't fix it?? So can I still benefit from it all not because I can't let go of who I maybe?? Any help or advice much appreciated

2. SimpleMan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spirituality is defined as a process of personal transformation. Doesn't necessarily mean it is only accessible via one specific religion or world view. The process of coming out is a spiritual experience in and of itself! I am taking solace in that right now. As I expand being more comfortable with who I am as a gay man, it also opens me up to the spiritual process of being more open in other areas of my life. I follow more of a humanist approach to spirituality, but encourage everyone to find their own path to meaning in their lives.

3. CyclingFan

I've had a few spiritual events in my life that helped me get here.

Which books are you reading? I've found some to be helpful, especially in knowing that there are other people who have walked down the same path already. I mean generally too, not only this one.

Have you tried meditation?

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know if it's spiritual, maybe just therapeutic, but I just booked myself to a Family Constellations session. The main reason is the relationship with my mother and my inability to leave my parents house because I on one hand feel like she needs me to stay but on the other hand this connection prevents me from living my life.
    I was recommended to try it by one of my TCM teachers almost 2 years ago but I was kinda scared to go. During my eventful Saturday I met an amazing woman (the woman #3 that day :icon_wink) who helped me to understand the advantage of going and who persuaded me to give it a try. The best part of it is that I don't even need my mom to go with me, there will be people to role play, and I can still get a positive result and help out of it.