1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

curious about lesbians!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Despitelove, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Despitelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a male and I'm totally gay. I'm into men. I have understood I was a homosexual since I was younger, but I refused to accept it.
    I don't feel anything for girls, but sometimes I wonder what it is like to be a lesbian. I get on very well with girls, but I have never been in touch with a lesbian.
    I have always associated lesbians with a masculine personality. So I tend to think that a lesbian is similiar to a man and she's into football , cars and so on.
    Sometimes lesbian are depicted to be more promiscous than straight girls. lesbians seems not to have so many worries about their sexuality if compared to straight girls. If they like boobs, they say it. Straight girls like sucking dick, but they are afraid of saying it.
    Lesbians seem not to be shy and passive such as straight girls, and this is an interesting trait.
    Would you tell me if my description is wrong?

2. BelleLey

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Might be a little cliché, bu i'm not an expert on the matter

3. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

personally and i may be atypical but close friends tease me like "lol gonna get that pussy?" and i get so flustered i would make a police chief PR spokesman feel proud

4. Despitelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I get this impression : straight girls look at sexuality with shame, lesbian girls look at sexuality with passion. I may be wrong. For straight girls it's more important a romantic relationship, while for lesbian girls it's more important sexual activity.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Not all lesbians are into sports, just like not all gay men are into shopping and fashion. So I take offense to you stating that.
    Well the straight women I know talk a lot about their love of penises and what they enjoy sexually . So I don't think all straight women are like that.

6. Despitelove

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't get offended! I was not speaking the truth! I was just saying how lesbians are usually depicted to be by the medias.

Straight women seem to be more shy, but that may be just my impression.

7. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I think most of those are just stereotypes lol
    Lesbians can either be masculine or feminine, and the most feminine ones are referred to as femmes or lipsticks. Personally, I'm not the most 'feminine' person in the world but I wouldn't say I like sports or cars, definitely not. I have interests of any gender roles, but not extreme ones like wrestling or makeup.

As for promiscuity....I don't think lesbians are more promiscuous as much as they're just more dead honest. For example, let's say both a lesbian and a straight girl have had oral sex with 50 different people. You ask them both how many people have they slept with. The lesbian is more inclined to say "50" while the straight girl is more inclined to say "0". A lot of straight girls are still stuck in purity culture and obsessing over "what counts as sex? I didn't do this or that, so I guess he didn't count as a sexual partner" while lesbians don't get as technical. So it only -seems- like they sleep with more people, when in fact It's completely equal.
    I also feel like most of the lesbian promiscuity in the media is done mostly by experimental straight girls instead of lesbians themselves.

Less shy and passive? That's completely wrong in my case; In fact I am both of those things.

Anyway, I hope this insight helps a bit. Just think of a lesbian the same as a straight girl, with the only difference being one's gender preference.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The media definitely portray lesbians that way

9. asdfghjk

asdfghjk Guest

lesbians can also be masculine and feminine or neither too

really we're just like, people *SHOCK* *AWE* *DRAMATIC REVEAL MOMENT MUSIC* there's not some universal hivemind code we all have to refer to before we do anything lol

*mentally refers to hivemind code to make sure i didn't break any universal lesbian rules*

10. ResidentTheatreKid

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am pretty much the opposite of everything you've said XD

I'm quite girly (not hugely girly, but you know... Girly for a 14 year old) and I am a rather quiet, shy, socially outcasted person. Unless you are mean to my best friend XD

I do enjoy watching football but any other sports... Nah. Except frisbee. I love playing frisbee.

11. thekillingmoon

That is a lot of stereotyping. It doesn't apply to all lesbians. Personally I'm the opposite of what you described. I would say being a lesbian is like being any other woman, the only difference is you're attracted to women, not men.

12. acciocarrie

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think it's interesting that gay men on TV often fit the stereotype, but gay women on TV... don't. I mean, there's this stereotype that we're all very masculine but yet I can barely think of any butch/masculine lesbians that are on TV now. Orange Is The New Black is the only show I can think of that has butch/masculine lesbians, y'know... who aren't just there as a joke or background character. Yet I can list plenty of feminine lesbians currently on TV.

Anyway... Yeah, I'm more of a tomboy. I guess. Definitely not extremely feminine, but not very masculine either. Video games are the only typically ~masculine~ thing I like. Sport and cars bore me. My straight friends and I are all uncomfortable talking about sex, but we're all virgins so there's that too, haha. I know plenty of straight adults who talk about their sex life tho. And I don't have any lesbian friends (feel sorry for me pls) so I can't really say anything what they're like when sex comes up as a subject...

13. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh soooo much stereotyping. If your description of either gay or straight girls is right, I 'm in some nether land, and don't belong there either.
    My opinion, gay or straight we are individuals, with unique ways of describing ourselves and the world.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I always wondered that too, they should put some butch lesbians on tv that's why I like watching lesbian web series because they show butch lesbians .

15. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Oh wow.. ALOT of stereotypes are in this post. I am a lesbian.. Only into women (because they are absolutely gorgeous) and I don't relate to almost everything you just said. I am not masculine in any way.. I pass as straight in the blink of an eye (until you see me when a beautiful girl walks past) Double take or blown away :icon_wink

Honestly.. I don't relate to gay guys at all. Okay if you find men attractive that's great but if we can't relate on anything else I basically don't see the point in interacting with you guys. Friendships work based on common interest (usually anyway).. and not liking girls is a bit strange for me but I respect your preferences. The thing is.. The gay man and The Lesbian woman will never fully understand eachother.. that's just the way it is. Sorry I didn't mean to sound cold here.. I appreciate that you are curious about us! I've always been rather curious about gay men myself.

Have a great day! Or night! :slight_smile:

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I must be the odd one here, but I actually prefer gay men as friends especially since I don't have any fear that they'll hit on me or fall in love with me and then complain about the friend-zone. It could also be because I don't like talking about attractions, crushes, or relationships....straight or gay, I dislike hearing friends telling me about who's 'hot' or about their love life. I'd rather talk about art, video games, and other common interests :slight_smile:

I think I understand gay men just as much as the lesbian community, ironically. I can comment on gay issues on EC and give proper advice even if I'm not a dude who likes dudes. Same with trans and bisexual issues. I think I get a gay man's brain more than a straight person's brain since I'm so close to the LGBT community lol

But to each their own

17. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I never said I couldn't be friends with a gay man.. As long as we have other interests that are alike I think we would make great mates :slight_smile: I kind of see where you're coming from.. especially with the part you said about gay men not hitting on us. That is very true! Honestly I don't regret my post.. If I sounded a bit harsh so be it. But like you said to each their own :slight_smile:

I'm not actually an in your face opinionated person irl.. sure I have opinions but I don't try SHOVE it down other peoples throats.. just thought I might make that clear for you guys :slight_smile: I'm a fairly relaxed girl.. I dislike drama. Anyway.. to the guy who asked this question.. thanks for being curious about us! :icon_bigg

#17 ChloeKiss, Jun 26, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  18. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Don't worry I wasn't saying anything against you, just offering my input haha It's weird but I find it easier to make friends with people who are attracted to men because even if we don't share the same idea of who's 'hot', I don't have to worry about it getting out of the platonic zone :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

19. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Most people think all lesbians look like Larry the cable guy

20. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Yeah it's all good :slight_smile: I think it's awesome you are able to get along well with gay men! The only couple of gay guys I do know that live around my area are fairly dramatic.. They are the flamboyant type gay guys.. One of them is alright I guess but the other always starts drama haha! I guess I haven't yet met a gay guy I can sit down and have a decent conversation with. Thanks for your reply! See you around :slight_smile: