1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Transitioning at 54?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Calamus1960, Jul 8, 2014.

1. Calamus1960

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    On July 7, 2013, I came out...my fourth wife was not pleased...A fourth wife is never pleased...As I was dealing with it all, going through my head is why do I continue please others and make life decisions pleasing others? One would figure that after four marriages and a multitude of relationships, a man of my years would have come to terms with himself. I know I am bi, however deep down inside I know I am gay. It has been a year since and I am coming to terms with myself. I am happy and excited about my new future, yet my past is like a ball and chain...I live alone, my one son is on his own and very secure in another state. I have a new job that I like, and loads of friends...a few gay, yet I've yet to date...really date...fear? Not ready yet? I've had flings, quite a few with gay men...Oh the doubts and fears...life is so short and I want to dive right in...SO! I HEREBY LET GO OF CLOSETED ME!:smile wave and seek what we all want...Great Romances! (*hug*) Thanks for listening!

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Calamus1960, welcome to EC!

Letting go is the first step to everything else, and that includes pleasing others. Let them do a little work to please you instead, after four marriages (OMG!) you might have learned a few things...enjoy your liberation, letting go also means you are ready for deeper things and remember that the wise man avoids the trouble the smart man has to get out of! :grin:

3. tscott

God love you. Four marriages. Who am I to talk? One marriage 25 years. You'd have thought I would have figured out a few things along the way; like, "You're gay, pull up your britches and deal with it." We all have our blind spots, eh? It's a trek and a process. Bravo for letting go. Be proud of what you've accomplished, and what you're going to accomplish.

4. Calamus1960

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you, great whale and tscott...Greatly appreciated

5. sagebrush

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats, Calamus. Wishing you an exciting and fulfilling new journey.

6. CyclingFan

More like, pull down your britches and deal with it, right...