1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just booked accommodation for going to Pride

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by paris, Jul 14, 2014.

1. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I just decided to go to Prague Pride in August. :icon_bigg
    It'll be my second Pride but the first one when I know for sure I'm gay. I don't want to make it bigger than it is, but it makes me a little nervous because I plan on telling my bf and my mom where I go this time.
    Last year when I went to Bratislava Pride I told everyone it's just a normal holiday, sightseeing and stuff, but I was volunteering at the Pride instead. I was helping to sell LGBT themed things at a booth and even joined the Pride parade, even though as a volunteer wearing warning "security" vest, but felt more or less like an animal in a ZOO. It was a great experience though and the very first time when I met people from the LGBT community irl.
    P.S. I have no idea if it could lead to me coming out but I feel ready to say a yes if asked if I was gay.

2. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Proud of you Paris! That's awesome!(*hug*)

3. azure au

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Paris that's great. I have no doubt you will have a fantastic time.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is wonderful!

For me, the most successful Pride celebration is the one that affects you for the rest of the year. You either meet people, or learn about organizations to join, etc. and then you get to look forward to the next one! :grin:

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks, guys. (&&&)
    I don't know how much it's related but I went to a family constellations session (it was an awesome experience btw) and even though the issue we set up a constellation for wasn't related to my sexuality I feel less scared and more at peace with everything since then. :icon_bigg I'm probably not ready to walk in the parade yet (maybe next year when I am hopefully out and proud) but just being there should be fun.

6. Damien

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well done paris, and I'm happy for you! I'm planning to go to the next Pride March in my own city, it's not until early next year but I'm looking forward to it. :slight_smile: