1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused again

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by LostMyself, Jul 15, 2014.

1. LostMyself

LostMyself Guest

Went to my 2nd individual relationship counsellor opened myself right up about my past and current feelings in my relationship She has come to the conclusion that I'm in fact in an Emotionally abusive relationship and was emotionally neglected as a child from my mother which had made me needy and therefore I've been in a relationship with a similar person she also states I could be repressed about my sexuality or it most proberly down to not having a mother who I could connect with but I don't know if it's that because I am sexually attracted to certain women.I use to be more attracted to mature women late 30's mid 40's but as the questioning got stronger it's more so around my age not sure if that has anything to do with it but now I'm confused :-/

2. Candace

Do you think that you'd just want a woman that would love and care for you (just basically anyone that would replace your neglectful mother?) From the looks of it, I wouldn't think that age would be a factor in all of this. You just want someone to give you love and attention that you were denied emotionally as a child.

Everyone deserves someone to love them, regardless of age. :slight_smile:

3. LostMyself

LostMyself Guest

I know I'm not confused about my attraction towards women.As a child growing up with a mother who was going through mental health issues it became me being the parent to her she was very vulnerable self absorbed but I loved her and I know she loved me I have a much better understanding of her childhood now so a lot of it makes sense.But I can't help to feel annoyed at the fact that my feelings towards women aren't considered as Real feelings because of the lack of emotional connection with my mum.As a teenager I felt confident that I was gay but mother would say it's just a phase years later when I met my my now partner he'd say the same thing.11 years on and I still feel sexually attracted to women and at times I imagine what it would have been like if I didn't let the ones who claim to love disregard my feelings and not consider who I felt comfortable as.Now I feel like I've woken up to a possibility of wow maybe this is who I was meant to be maybe I was repressing because I thought others knew me better then I knew myself.And it's scary I feel lost like I'm walking alone in my life I'm afraid to just be because nobody has ever trusted that being me was fine so now I'm trying to trust this person creeping out of me very slowly.I have another personal counsellor I'm seeing not lgbt but she seems to think even if I'm a lesbian that's not the main issue the main issue seems to be my relationship and I need to learn how to be me which is kinda ironic because the same applies to coming out which the two combined just makes my head feel a little overwhelmed.