1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by lampieg, Jul 20, 2014.

1. lampieg

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Here is the thing, I am in my thirties and recently I have split with my why, not to do with my curiousity which is good..

So for a long time I have been curious, I still like girls and am starting a serious relationship with a very nice and understanding girl..

now where my problem lies is I am tempted to explore my sexuality..

has anyone else been in this situation? what have they done about it?

all help will be greatly received.

2. nwor55

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi lampieg, I was in a similar position several years ago. I found myself divorced after 24 years of being married (sexuality did not play a role), and had dated a couple of women, but was considering acting on my attraction to men.

I consciously discovered my attraction to men around age 25, but did not act on it until after my divorce was final at age 47. After the divorce I met a couple of men for NSA sex, but was looking for something more, then I met Jim. We got together for a while, then I met another woman and put Jim on hold, as I dated the woman. When it didn’t work out with the woman Jim and I started hooking up again. This happened a couple of more times over six years, when it dawned on me that I preferred being with men more than women. The biggest problem was I was still in the closet and not ready to come out.

Fast forward a few years and I’ve come out as a gay oriented bisexual with a preference for men to my ex-wife and younger sister, both with a very positive outcome. I’m hoping to be out to my two sons and the rest of my family by the end of the summer. From there the future is wide open, each time I’ve told someone I feel a little more authentic and seem to like myself better.

Good luck with however you choose to move forward.