1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you say?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Samantha2014, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Samantha2014

I'm a bisexual in the closet who is desperately attracted to a new friend I have made through work. I have never been the one to make the first move and have no idea what to do but know I want to start doing something. I cant work out what she wants from me, whether she just sees me as a friend. I want to start living a more authentic life and so I know I need to find my own words but I wonder how everyone else did it.

Part of me wants to tell her that I think about her all the time and all the little things that she does that I find so endearing and how much I want to be close with her.

But the safe part of me that I don't want to come out to the world for fear of work and family reprisals, I think it might just be better to mention somehow that I am bisexual and see where that goes.

What do you think?

2. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    yea i think you should too, but do you know if she is straight or not?

3. Candace

Is there a possibility that you might like someone else? Trust me, I've been in this predicament many times. Although there's a possibility that she may be disgusted with the fact that you, a woman, dotes her in a way that she never knew. However at the same time, she may appreciate the fact that you're honest with her and telling the truth/being yourself. You mustered up enough courage to tell her that to her face and she can't hurt you because of that.

If I were you, I'd try talking to her more. How much do you talk to her? Usually if I have a crush, on say a classmate or a coworker, then I try talking to them and try to see if their personality is a complete turnoff. It may work for you, it may not. Whatever happens, I hope it turns out well :slight_smile:.

4. Jim1454

Hi there, and welcome to EC!

This is usually what we recommend to people. It's only fair. Otherwise, you're coming on to her totally out of the blue - not knowing if she's interested in women, and without her knowing that you are. Let her know. Tell her in confidence - because you trust her and feel close enough to her to share this information.

Maybe she'll come out to you too. Maybe she'll just be cool with it. Maybe she won't be. You'll never know if you don't take that step.