1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alone

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Molly1977, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Molly1977

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted for a while as i have been very busy trying to get a new job and move house etc. While I have been busy I realised I haven't been thinking about being lonely or the fact that at 36 I have never had a relationship. Now things have calmed down a bit the lonliness has overwhelmed me again and I really can't cope with being single. I wouldn't mind so much if I new that there was a chance for a relationship somewhere in my future but I'm not sure I can see it happening. Iv'e never met anyone so far so I have very little faith that I will meet anyone in the future.

I feel so very scared and extremly lonely

Molly x :tears:

2. DancingGirl

I am unsure what to say to comfort you. But I what you to know that even though I am an ocean away that I am here to talk. I am married and feel lonely everyday. Everyone has different levels of loneliness. Kust remember he folks hereat EC are always here.

3. Richie.

We are Molly here for you Always!!! There is someone as special as you out there who will love you as you deserve to be. I'm a great believer in fate.

What are you doing to get yourself out there? Been to your local LGBT centre yet? Online dating?

4. Calamus1960

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I get lonely I go to the library.

5. Tudor

Just wanted to say Hi Molly...sorry you're feeling lonely...it's hard sometimes to see how things might change...but hang in there...there are always people who care...I'm always happy to make a new friend if you ever fancy a chat :slight_smile:

6. Samantha2014

Hiya Molly

Moving house and finding a new job, no small feat!
    I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling lonely, how have you gone about making friends and relationships in the past?
    (*hug*)

7. alwaysforever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can understand feeling lonely all too well. I am always hopeful that one day my loneliness will end. Don't give up hope. Special people enter our lives when we least expect it. Even if you don't find a romantic partner, always be on the lookout for good friends. They are the people that get you through the hard times.

8. Penpal

9. likethewind

likethewind Guest

Hi Molly,

So sorry to hear you're so down. You are right to post about it.

My only advice would be to find anything — a hobby, club, etc. — so you don't isolate. While I accept I am gay, I'm only beginning to explore the coming out process. I have some fear/anxiety even while I'm making plans and putting myself among new people —*but I know in my gut that is the right thing to do. I wish you well.