1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An update from last week

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Richie., Jul 24, 2014.

1. Richie.

All good stuff from the very desperate state I was in This time last week, I was so low I turned to drink the emotions I felt the fears I had were too much for me to cope with.

My best friends stayed with me, talked to me when I felt there was no one else to talk with. And even contacted my boyfriend who was concerned enough to tell me to go see my doctor.

I did in the am, and told him my story for the first time, as I've already stated in a previous thread. And he prescribed me anti depressants and some Xanax short term to help with sleep.

All over the weekend I slept pretty much twelve hours each day, believe me when I say, I needed this sleep I was physically exhausted.

After tense text exchanges between my wife and I, her accusing me of bad mouthing her to my boyfriend I decided to open my Facebook page for everyone to see including her, so she could see that there was no hate campaign and I'm not doing anything to hurt her,

I saw my therapist on Tuesdsy and told her all. She told me she thought the progress was massive. She seemed positive about this.

Anyways I spent the day with my wife yesterday for my boys sixth birthday, and she was telling me how she was getting very serious with her new fella, yet I made no conscious effort to talk with her about my boyfriend, I felt that I didn't want to rub her nose in it...

My boyfriend didn't take this news fantastically and speculated what I have known for a while I'm being too sensitive to my wife's feelings..

For many many week I've been subtly coming out on Facebook with rainbowsd and liking plenty of pro gay pages posts etc, and having very cheeky exchanges with my boyfriend walking a fine line...

Anyways yesterday I came out properly I put a picture of my boyfriend and I with the words, for my boyfriend whom I love very much (or words to that effect)

The message was for two people one to my wife to tell her YES THIS relationship is serious and he isn't a flash in the pan, and the second my boyfriend, whom I love very much and want to shout it from the roof tops, which I did.

I went to work today, I was a little anxious seeing people who knew my sexuality but not as anxious as previous weeks, with the worry of bumping into some of them,
    a positive note only a couple of people made a comment one asked me 'so are you happy now' to which I replied, the other simply gave me a high five.

Anyways fantastic moves this week huge steps in regards to my wife and my boyfriend and my work life... And Facebook

I feel much more positive and ready to face the world

Thank you for all the kind comments of support and advice I appreciate them all!!

I love you guys!l

Peace

(&&&)

2. CyclingFan

Great to hear, Richie!

3. Hyaline

All those things sound like huge steps forward...

You might be sensitive to your wife's feelings by virtue of your relationship with her. Plus having the added complication of a child. While your BF is probably right, it isn't something that is likely to change. Especially with a wife that is hurt and such a pain in the butt.

Keep at it... Odds are, you'll have some more bad days ahead, but working on having the tools to deal with it when the waters are a bit calmer are what will save you when they are not.

Hang in there... And yay for yelling it from the rooftops!!..

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are stronger than you sometimes give yourself credit for Richie. Onwards and upwards! :slight_smile:

5. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Thats fantastic news dude, i am very happy for you :slight_smile:(*hug*)

6. BeingEarnest

Dear Richie,
    I am glad the night has passed, and that you are enjoying the light of a new day. It was an encouraging sign last week, even when you felt so low, that you called out for help. That too takes courage.
    Blessings!

7. likethewind

likethewind Guest

I don't know you at all, Richie, but from what I've read on the site, you've been through a lot. So it's nice to read you are able to weather the storms and come out the other side. That's very encouraging...

Wishing you the best.

8. Gaysibling

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much for the update, I did wonder how you were being on. It's good of you to share this and show how even a few days of hanging on can get you through a really dark patch....you may have just given hope to someone out there who feels today how you did last week. Well done :slight_smile:

9. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thumbs up, Richie! You're far more loved than you know, and we're behind you and proud of you, always. Don't ever be afraid to reach out when you're having trouble because we're here for you and we love you. Hope you realize that!

(&&&)(*hug*):kiss:(&&&)

10. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Richie

That’s great news Richie that your life is turning the corner and it gives hope to others that even when things seem very bad there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Hugs, Sale Gay Guy