1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well I guess I'm not telling you then...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by sugarskull, Aug 3, 2014.

1. sugarskull

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I came out to my boyfriend last night. Things went well, and for now I am just telling people we broke up and are figuring things out and it was just something that was "a long time coming" Simple enough, don't need people to know right away.

So my good friend I work with was talking to me about it. Then my crushs' girlfriend came over by us, I then voiced to my friend how she didn;t like me because i hung out with said crush.

My friend then proceeds to say this "Oh I don't know why she wouldn't like you. Its not like you are gay and honestly I dont think *crush* is either (Um she totally is). Unless you are gay now and thats why you and *boyfriend* broke up"

Me- "Oh you got me, thats what happened, I am gay" In joking tone, but kinda wanted to see what she would say

Friend- "I honestly don't get that. How can someone just be gay all of a sudden. Its stupid. I can't stand people like that"

Me- "Oh haha"

Jesus. Well there goes ever telling her. There are currently two females that work at our work that came out after being married and having children. Its not like its a culture shock here. But really? I get YOU don't get it, because you never had to deal with it because you never had to hide you were straight. But come on now.

Eh. Sorry just needed to vent since I am afraid to tell my crush about it since there was a little bit more said and seemed like she was talking sh*t about her.
    I hate people. I want to be a hermit.

2. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's rude. >.<

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Some women seriously she reminds me of some of my bi friend who says I should still try men and thinks I'm not gay because I'm femme .

4. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate it when people think like that. >.<

5. Candace

I'm so sorry that this happened. Unfortunately, small-mindedness exists in droves apparently. :bang: